Would you date a woman with a scar on her face?

Let's get down to business.

I have a scar on my face. It stretches about 1 1/2 inches diagonally from my left nostril (It's a straight-line). It's not at all thick, but nonetheless, it is an insecurity of mine. People often tell me that I'm beautiful regardless and that it doesn't take away from anything. I have blonde hair, blue eyes, good teeth-- My mother blessed me with a good figure and I'm at least confident in that. However, I've often wondered if my scar intimidates others, particularly, men.
At work, I would consider myself to be the the strong, but quiet type. I'm not particularly outspoken, but I'm passionate about my beliefs. Not many people approach me, if I'm being completely honest, but those that are close to me know that I'm down to earth. There's always someone asking me how I got my scar, so I've decided to amuse myself and tell each person a different story. (Shark attack-- I wrestled an alligator-- Mugging down in Jersey) At times I even quote. "You think I look bad, you should see the other guy." Hey, it's always an interesting conversation starter, that's for sure.

But, anyway.. My question is.. Is a scar on someone's face a complete turn off? If the person was attractive, but flawed, would you consider the scar to be a deal breaker?

316

Most Helpful Guys

• I find scars hella attractive. I'm seriously one of those guys that likes the unique stuff, and finds perfection in the little imperfections. Heterochromia, scars, that skin pigmentation thing I feel really bad for not remembering the name of.. So, yes. I would 100% date you. You coidl have a scar across your whole face, from your eyebrow to your chin, and I'd still be into it. I'd probably be making movie references up the wazoo, but i'm guessing you'd be into it, with all the amazing stories.😂

• It’s not a deal breaker at all. It shows you’ve lived, both with whatever caused the scar and with having the scar, and that makes you a more interesting person. It could even add to your attractiveness. All the people who know you know that your scar is not who you are, and so would any sensible guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean I would still date someone if they had a scar on their face. If we get along really well and they have a good personality, appearance doesn’t really matter to me, it’s what’s on the inside that counts :)