Why is his phone always off?

Hi guys,

Is it a normal thing for a guy to always have his phone off? Sometimes I end up calling my boyfriend over 50 times and he never answers his phone. I'm convinced Everytime his phone is off he is cheating. Am I overreacting?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I answer or reply when I am able or not even then. I do not spend all day looking at my phone. I do not live on my phone. I do not stop absolutely all activities just for a text or phone call. I get back to the message when I do. Some people, believe it or not, are similar. When I get spam called or texted I find it highly annoying and it keeps me from wanting to reply.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all girl, you need to confront him. Ask him things you may catch him out on to see if he's telling the truth. That's the only way you'll know

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 31

• ... Maybe he didn't use to turn his phone off but realized it was a good idea somewhere along phone call 10 in that string of 50?

I'm not absolutely saying he's NOT cheating, but I wouldn't take his lack of desire to answer the phone multiple times a day, by itself, as an indicator... Especially if he has a job. Guys genuinely don't need as much contact, in general, as women do to feel connected to someone.

Put it this way, there's a reason that the stereotype of women as "nags" exists within male circles. Now, that doesn't give him carte blanche to just ignore your need for regular contact, but it does mean you need to understand this about guys and learn to negotiate with your man to get your needs met.

Just as an example, you could try offering to not call him at work if he'll send you a text every couple of hours just to let you know he's thought of you. You could also offer to step up your game in meeting one of his needs in exchange for more contact, and acknowledge you're asking him to go a bit above and beyond with his availability. In all of this, make sure you listen to his responses and try to understand his side (such as the fact he may have very little control over his ability to call you when he's working for someone else). The more you listen, the more likely he is to listen to you about how you're craving more contact. The more you show a willingness to negotiate for your needs, the less they'll come across as demands.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, it really has only been the last 8 years or so when most people left them on. Before that, most people who had cell phones only turned them on a couple of times a day to check messages or to make a call. Unless they used them for work. Still, I have mine off probably 4 hours a day. I'm of a different generation though. It might be that he just doesn't like to have it on all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • no you are hovering and pestering. If my phone was incessantly ringing because my girlfriend has no boundaries I think I would silence or turn it off too!!

0|1
    0|0
  • You're probably overreacting. In an age when too many people are on their phones too much, a person who can put it down and enjoy life in real time is special. You can learn from him. Oh, and don't call, or text, 50 times. Send one message, then wait for his reply. Anything more is just nutz.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes dear... You are over reacting... Keeping phone off does not necessarily mean he is cheating... You can ask him straightforward and if his reply satisfies you then no problem... Or buy him a new phone with a long lasting battery

0|1
    0|0
  • Being completely honest here he probably is lazy and is just not answering it. And partially because he is getting tired of you calling him 50 times...

0|2
    0|0
  • I think you should stop calling him. it is stalking not calling 50 times. give space in relationship otherwise there will b so much space created. And FYI if he is not picking your call unless his mobile has problems than he is not into u

0|0
    0|0
  • I turn my phone on to make calls and then shut it off again. Believe or not, not everyone is glued to their phone. If I had a choice I wouldn't even own one.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think his phone might be off because someone is calling him 50 times a day.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not normal for a guy to have his phone off. However, have you thought that maybe you're calling him SO much that he turns it off to get a break from you calling him 50 times

0|0
    0|1
  • Ok get that thought out your head. Trust me you can think it so much to the point you get so paranoid pushing your guy away and actually start thinking it himself. I say this knowing a lot in this subject in relationships. Even have experienced it. It can be so simple that he can't be arsed to charge his phone and sleeps a lot till he thinks he better get it charged or he can't be bothered with his phone going off a lot he just wants his time. I would say bring up the issue that you feel that he doesn't want to talk sometimes due to his phone being off but you worry about him and would just like to be able to talk through the day to make your feel safe. This will make him think more in pleasing you in having the security of being to talk with him when you need to.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Also he's shutting his phone off because you call to much.

0|1
    0|0
  • You call to much.. give hime some space and his "me"-time... he will swich his phone back on

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you're overreacting. He might be cheating, but probably not. You just need to confront him and work it out together

0|1
    0|0
  • You end up calling him over 50 times somtimes... that is why his phone is off. Rocket science I know

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes he is cheating, you should call him 100 times and tell him you know.

0|1
    0|0
  • Over 50 times! No wonder it’s off. Yes it’s normal under such circumstances.

0|0
    0|0
  • Does he EVER answer?

Does his phone ring when sunshine else calls while he's with you?

She's he respond to texts?

0|0
    0|1
  • Guys are very lazy they don't tend to do pick up any phone but if it is happening longer time then you might be suspicious.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't necessarily mean he is cheating... is it off or no signal? 50 times thought with no answer?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes 50 times. It is always off.. He hardly ever answers.

• If you called me 50 times a day i would also turn off my phone.

0|1
    0|0
  • First, ask the questions "why does he have a phone?" and "why is it off?"

0|0
    0|1
  • Well, some guys I know don't use their phones. Does that help?

0|1
    0|0
  • I have never my phone's sound on. I ussually check my phone 3 times a day at most.

0|0
    0|0
  • At his age he is busy
    Find out his schedule and call him at the right time.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he's phone's off always then it's definitely not normal

0|0
    0|1
  • He has moved on your calls are bothering him now

0|1
    0|0
  • What do u wanna do? Have u asked him about his ph?

0|0
    0|0
  • He must be busy with someone else than...

0|0
    0|0
  • I won't judge

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• Having it off all the time is kinda strange... But don't give him a reason to look for someone else while you worry. Pull yourself together and ask him when you two are alone. Maybe try some trust exercises because it seems it's lacking

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's off because you call it 50 times every time he isn't around you.

0|2
    0|0
  • LOL you call him 50 times a day? wtf.. Just ignore him for awhile and wait for him to get back to you

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like you two need to work on trusting each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • probably because you call him 50 times...

0|2
    0|0
  • Maybe he gets tired of you being too clingy 🤷‍♀️

0|3
    0|0
  • No it is not normal

0|0
    0|0
  • Sex..

0|0
    3|1
  • Does it go straight to voicemail?