Why is my girlfriend acting like this on her period?

Hi, I’m new to this forum and decided to finally create an account after what I’ve experienced with this 16 year old who is currently my girlfriend. I am 19 myself. We met on a dating app and quickly became fond of each other despite me being cold in the beginning. She told me I was her first tinder date and that she quickly deleted the app after she had met me. We’ve been dating for 4 months on and off due to distance and sometimes petty arguments but we would always rekindle 2 days later. She told me she loved me first and we call each other babe.

My issue is the following: As of recently she’s been acting kinda strange. She told me she's on her period and is feeling hurt so I’ve sorta kept my distance but I still told her im there for her if she needs me and that I still love her. Only problem is that she's been acting cold with me and her replies seem to take 10 mins to a few hours to come by. I have told her that I feel like she's acting cold and she’s apologized for it because she didn't know she was being cold but it hasn't changed. She went from initiating 50% of the time to barely initiating at all and her replies are very brief and rarely keep a conversation going. However, a few days before her period she was all warm, responsive and actually initiated the conversations.

Another thing that is sorta making me a bit insecure is that she is clearly sometimes online but won't text me but I can see her snap score go up. This happened last night from 11pm to 1am. She is clearly being responsive to someone else and im feeling kinda neglected despite trying to be the best I can be during her period. She still calls me babe and sometimes her replies are cute but most of the time I feel like she wants me to leave her alone and she's actually thankful when I tell her ill leave her alone. We saw each other on the 16th a day before her period and I did feel a change in mood and her telling me that her stomach hurts a lot.
Sorry for the wall in advance. Thanks

13

Most Helpful Girl

• I suggest u talk to her about it again after sometime. And u say she's on her period that according to me is not the only reason she is acting this way because u mentioned in the beginning that u have had arguements even before. But of course periods can cause mood swings.

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls going through their period of a surge of hormones, such as progesterone and estrogen, that leads to widespread changes in mood, body functions, and general energy. I've heard of some girls that get really horny during their period, while some get really testy and don't really want to be around anyone. She could be one of the type that doesn't want to be around anyone during the period, and stomach cramping is also usually what happens during this time. She may not want you to see her in pain or discomfort. As for the snap score going up, you could always ask?

• Ill definitely ask her in person why she doesn't bother replying when I can clearly see her snap score go up and also seeing her online. Huge chance I see her tomorrow so if I see her phone go off ill just casually ask her if I can see what they’re talking about it and if she gets defensive ill assume she's hiding something and slowly cut my ties with her.