Are catfishes more common in the US?

I’m watching Catfish as I type this and the thought just came to me.

In the UK the furtherest someone could potentially be is possibly Northern Ireland or Scotland which is like 500 miles (assuming distance is from London)... and not to be ignorant but people on this show are so daft!!! I just wonder is it really that easy and common in the US?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• People have different reasons for catfishing. I was catfished because my ex wanted to be a girl irl so she basically played a girl online. Yeah it's generally bad but most people have to ignore lots of red flags for it to be effective. Lots of the Catfish episodes have a lot of red flags that the victims don't even investigate. Like fucking Google image search, its so simple if you know what it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think in the distance area a european person may talk to anyone in Europe which is probably the same as anyone in US talking. What I feel about the show and other reality shows is you get extreme examples. I get bombarded by catfishes everyday not on the romantic front but on the potential economic front. I get of "Young Ladies" professing interest in me but I ain't that stupid. beyond duping someone romantically, the latest thing seems to be to try and get someone to send nudes then blackmail with nudes themselves or the scenario that you are sending pics to a 21 year old (which could seem bad for someone my age) - I have gone totally off the point, no people are not that stupid but it justn't would make good TV people twigging catfishes after 1 or 2 mails.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I think American rivers and lakes are full of catfish, our fishermen are so lucky.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thank you for MHO

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Some times you just don't think to ask harder questions. It's easier to go with the flow and enjoy the person's company, even if the person isn't real.

1|0
    0|0
  • The catfish here are so plentiful, that you can catch them bare handed. Just watch out for the turtles though.

1|0
    0|0
  • In general, it's not common per say- but someone able to fall for it is never more than a few hundred miles away, more often than not it's way less than that

0|0
    0|0
  • People who Catfish are easy to see , i always go by their questions asked i also go by their usernames. You can Google or use Spokeo , Pipl and it can bring up ones username and that is another way to tell if ones a Catfish. Also Catfish people can be from any country not necessary from the United States all the time. I was almost a victim of a 67 year old man who portrayed himself to be a young Asian girl and he was from a Asian country and i emailed him back telling him who i found out who he really was, he never did email me again.

0|0
    0|0
  • the catfish show is a joke honestly, 2018 and people still getting catfished? nah nah

0|0
    0|0
  • I think so. Are you a catfish 🤔

0|0
    0|1
  • You're a catfish.

0|0
    0|0
  • It does seem more prevalent over there for sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • The lakes and rivers are full of them

1|0
    0|0
  • catfishing is more prevalent here

0|0
    0|0
  • yea it is

0|0
    0|0
  • yes yep

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes