Do guys care about being friend zoned even if they're already in a relationship?

Let's say a guy is seeing someone, but an attractive girl from school or work openly friend zones them... do they still care? Do guys mind it even when they're in a relationship anyway?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I’ve never cared about being friend zoned by a girl. Most guys grow out of that in their teens and early twenty’s. #1 I text people I’m just friends with like I text dudes (or almost never). So if I’m just her friend then it’s not like it’s taking extra time out of my day #2 if I’m actively trying to date you I’m pretty blatant which gives people plenty of opportunities to admit to whether or not they want a relationship. So I rarely get strung along. #3 if I’m in a relationship I’m probably not looking for too much extra attention so I definitely wouldn’t care about being friend zoned and would probably prefer it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah nobody wants someone else to ego them no matter what way they do it in. Even if I have a girlfriend and you go oh hey I'm friendzoning you, then you can piss off

0|0
    0|0
    • People never get friend zoned like that though. They often just get referred to as a "friend" and then they get butt hurt

• I've never met someone that got mad for being called a friend

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 42

• If I am dating someone in a steady relationship, why does any other girl have the need, or the opportunity, to friend zone me?

0|0
    0|0
  • He may care if it is a "loss of face" for him that she wasn't interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know why so many guys said "yes". Man, you're in a relationship. If you truly love the girl you're in a relationship, you shouldn't care about being friendzoned by another girl. If you do care, you don't love your girl so you shouldn't have been in a relationship with her in the first place. I personally will say that I don't care if someone friendzones me if I already am in a relationship

3|2
    0|0
  • You can't get friend zoned if you are in a relationship. You may be defining that person as a friend only and not a romantic interest but they are not available to you anyway. That would be like saying you turned down George Clooney.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would honestly not care one bit. If I'm dating a girl she is the girl who has my attention. Can I find someone attractive? sure. But my hypothetical girlfriend is the one I'm working on a relationship with. I would be perfectly fine with being put in the "friendzone" because I would have my girl at that point so I'm not looking for other avenues if that makes sense. (I'm a very loyal person).

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends which age group that guy belongs and how sorted out he is, personally I don't want to be friend zoned by any hot chick that too openly never, but if I am very much sorted out in my relationship and know what I want any other girl won't matter then, although I might admire her but leaving my girl might not an option.

0|0
    0|0
  • He can only be friendzoned if he's actively pursuing her, and if he already has a girlfriend then he is a cheater.

2|2
    0|0
  • If the guy is already in a relationship then he shouldn't be trying to get anything more than your friendship so... even if he cares why do we care?
    As for the question itself, no one likes to get friendzoned no matter what.

0|0
    0|0
  • If a girl I like friendzones me makes me feel like I'm ugly AF lol and well if I've been friends with her for a long time I'll sitll be her friend but if its a girl I really like then I'll just not talk to her anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • It's only friendzone if he wants to date/fuck her. If he's in a relationship already then he's kind of an asshole

2|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 1

• That question alone just shows how sad guys are, being in a relationship and caring about being friend zoned.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes