Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I think no.
    I have been ghosted, and it's not the best feeling... you think you are friends with someone, turns out they don't give a shit about you anymore and you didn't hurt them or anything, so it's weird...

But i guess it depends on who you ghost on. Family member, friend, ex-girl-/boyfriend... You kind of have to ghost some people at some point i think.
    Maybe you don't want them in your life anymore.
    But there are rude ghosting too i guess, where you don't disappear forever completely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I have. It's pretty hot. I love when she stares right through me as I enter her and she's like who's there? . . . what are you? ? ? .
    . ooooh. . . . Ghosting is fucking hot, I think a lot of people are into it tbh.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I ghost people I dont know how to deal with. A had a friend who wanted to fuck me with her boyfriend (it was just a constant tension), and another friend who was extremely manipulative. Guys who have tried to date me too despite knowing I'm already committed, because I had barely gotten to know them anyway. I'm very anxious and if I dont feel like I could explain It to them and have them understand where I'm coming from it seems like a personal red flag for any kind of relationship. They aren't respect my boundaries anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a good excuse though. He told me he was engaged to another woman through an arranged marriage but wanted to continue talking to me because if he didn't like the girl is family picked for him - he would marry me instead. At the time we had only been on 3 dates and hadn't kissed yet - so I did not feel used.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 75

• Yes, I did it to an ex girlfriend because she cheated on me. Then lied to my face when I asked her if she was dating that guy she cheated on me with a couple days after I stopped talking to her. I blocked her on all social media to protect myself emotionally and she called me childish because I refused to remain civil with her. Am I proud of it? No, but when someone hurts me like that, I have no choice but to cut them off from my life. They’re basically dead to me.

2|1
    0|0
    • You handled that well. Ghosting is justified when somebody does something fundamentally wrong (cheating, physical abuse, etc.)

• Show All
    • @somewheresomeway I’m pretty blunt myself. I don’t care if it pisses people off because most of the time what I tell people they have to hear it. Dude, there were so many red flags that I didn’t notice when I was with her until now. It shocks me that I was with her for 9 months and even considered marrying her at some point because she wanted to. She was pushing for it so bad lol I heard from a friend she’s now going to marry that dude she cheated on me with. Good luck to that loser lol

• It’s better to be blunt than timid. But if you can be tactfully blunt that’s the best.

• I ghost people regularly and to be quite honest, it's not because I'm a coward, its simply because I don't care enough to verbalize why I'm not interested in interacting with someone. Is it fucked up? Maybe, but I hardly see how it hasn't become the norm due to how many people do it. Whether consciously, or subconsciously, everyone is ghosting someone.

1|0
    0|1
    • Don’t be a hypocrite. You got to man up and politely tell them you are not interested. Sure women pull this shit more often then men. But we got to set a better example.

• @somewheresomeway don't be naive.

• Just because other people do this shit doesn’t make it okay for you To do it.

. Just send her a one liner saying “hey thanks but to be honest im not interested”. Takes 10 seconds. That’s it.

I had to do that twice this year. She got her closure and I moved on. What’s so hard about that?

• Yup i do it a lot but i only do it too people i don't like or not really friends with but they never know that or take the hint.
    Then i did it with my ex because she had clingy problems or just something really annoying most days she was fine, but she always said stuff like do you really love me or are you just saying that you love me when you don't, or would send me like 14 messages with a min so everytime stuff annoying like this i just couldn't be botherd responding.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes twice bake before it became a named thing. The second time was an okcupid date gone terribly wrong. Once I found out about all her addiction issues any further contact would have been extremely unhealthy for her and she was not rational enough to understand that.

1|0
    0|0
  • I once skipped town without informing the girl I was involved with at the time. It wasn't intentional, so I don't know if it really counts as ghosting, I just had so much other stuff going on and we weren't exactly serious, so when I had to leave, I didn't think to tell her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have and truly I feel shitty about it and now I just refuse to do so “do unto others as you would have them do unto you”

1|1
    0|0
  • No, but I once told a woman that I was bored with her... honestly probably would have been better to ghost her.. poor girl. I was such a dick of a teenager

2|0
    0|0
  • About 99% of the time. Thinking you have an okay relationship/friendship with someone, you hit them up to catch a little bit up and they just look at your message and are like: nope nope nope. (at least that's how I imagine it)

1|0
    0|0
  • She just became ro strange for my likes. And didn't like to listen to anything i was trying to say so that left only one option lift. I turned into a ghost.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of the time they where either going down the wrong path and wouldn't listen, doing drugs, using people, or just flat out turned into an asshole

0|0
    0|0
  • Ihave "ghosted" certain friends and aquaintances who turned out to be highly immoral and unreasonable. Never done it to anyone I've dated or had sex with.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, because I'm not a loser who holds on to grudges against other people, and, goes one step further to inflict the pain I feel onto somebody else to feel better about myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Three times in my life, and I've never regretted it. It's a measure of final resort, though, and I don't agree with using it lightly.

1|0
    0|0
  • No and I would never unless being harassed or something. Otherwise it's extremely rude, disrespectful and immature!

0|1
    0|0
  • No I don't know how to leave my body and go into a ghost like state to scare anyone. Have learned how to sleep with my eyes open though

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and I actually felt sort of bad for it. I mean I always felt uncomfortable with that guy but it wss not his fault is was just my attitude and my expectations.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I gave my ex girlfriend the option to be friends but she kept lying to me so I just disappeared out of her life. Feel that's fair in the balance of things

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't ghost people because I know the feeling, I better tell them the truth that I'm not interested in them.

2|1
    0|0
  • I’ve done it to this one girl who was much more attached to me than I was to her. It was getting weird so I ghosted her and eventually she stopped texting me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess I have, but it's been because I made it clear I didn't want to have that kind of relationship with them and they constantly ignored that fact.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 59

• I often stop answering strangers, so I guess yes. I haven't ghosted anyone I've talked to more than ten minutes, but still.

0|0
    0|0
    • To clarify.. do you mean that the pepole you have talked to. you would not ghost more than ten times? Or the people you have talked to more than ten times. you would not ghost?

• More than ten MINUTES. I haven't ghosted someone who I've talked to more than ten minutes. I didn't say I wouldn't, I just said I haven't.

• Oh okay. Sorry the wording just confused

• No one that i've had a genuine connection with in my life, but people i don't know well or only known for a little while yes, and they have done the same to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know what that means? Like stalk them online?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup.

0|0
    0|2
  • Yes. A few people

I ghost people who are manipulative,
    insincere or if they're lying to me. If I start to distrust them , I ignore them. People who lie , manipulate or are insincere don't deserve to know why I no longer want to talk to them. I don't waste another anymore time and energy on them.

3|0
    0|0
  • Only because the dudes are coming off overdoing it creepy. Gotta protect yo self. Or lost of interest where everything was just boring and not going anywhere.

1|0
    0|0
    • If you legitimately feel threatened by the guy then fine, ghost. But if you find him boring and cut it off with no closure that makes you a selfish POS in my opinion. At least tell the guy you aren’t interested.

• Show All
    • That’s good advice, thanks.

I called out a few dbag guys on here for ghosting girls for minor reasons (it’s justified if she’s cheating or being a physically abusive). However should check each other on this bs.

• *however women

• Yeah... a guy didn't stop messaging me a lot and getting creepy so I just stopped responding at some point

2|0
    0|0
  • Well, I did but I let them know I wasn’t going to talk to them anymore.
    I’m not sure if that counts, but I do it all the time.
    It’s called moving on and finding better friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have but only as a last option. Usually I'd like to explain first why I don't want to have a conversation with that person.

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex, he eventually understood that I didn't want to talk to him anymore.
    Also a guy that only wanted to hookup.

0|0
    0|0
  • had to say no, don't know what ghosting is, please inform me

0|0
    0|0
  • They were getting too invested too soon. It creeper me out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only someone who was horrible to me. Never anyone who didn't deserve it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes because so many men don't take no for an answer. And i had my share of crazy friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. If I am going to stop talking to someone I always tell them why.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I’ve ghosted. Not ashamed of it. I had my reasons.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I've had relationships fizzle out but i never ignored someone. It's rude, I'd rather just be up front

0|1
    0|0
  • No, Mmm nature enoug to tell them I’m not interested

0|0
    0|0
  • No not tht i can remember. I've been ignored b4. In fact im actually being ignored now but whatever i cnt act like i haven't ignored someone b4😕🤷

0|0
    0|0
  • No. If someone just starts bothering me, I always say that.

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes