Why do you all think I’ve had no luck with dating so far?

So, I’m beginning to believe that I have a huge personality flaw and I’m also ugly. All of my friends seemed to have boyfriends and gotten attention guys at a young age while I didn’t. And I blame that on being a chubbier teen. Even though I’m smaller now, still considered thick, men don’t look at me. And if they do, they’re not my type 99.9% of the time. I’ve only been in one short term relationship and I wasn’t in love. I’ve been online for a while and it hasn’t really gone anywhere. I get compliments from my photos and people in real life, however, this website seems to think differently of my appearance. I’ve accepted my loneliness as permanent and unchangable. Plus, I was bullied when I was younger. What is so wrong with me?

420

Most Helpful Guys

• "99.9% of the time they're not my type." So you are getting interest. Quite a bit from the sounds of it. I understand you can't force yourself to be attracted to these guys, but maybe entertain one anyways. Talk to them, just to get more confident talking to men. Go on a date to get some confidence, you're not obligated to anything after one date.

I've never gotten any interest from women AT ALL, and if you were in my situation I would say give up, but it sounds like you definitely aren't hopeless.

• I doubt you're ugly, and lots of guys (I would say most) love thick girls.

Since I am not a fly on the wall where you are, I have no idea what's actually going on, but I would suggest taking a look at your hair and what you wear, being sure to smile at guys and appear friendly, and not be afraid of approaching guys you like and starting a convo.

Most Helpful Girl

• what's wrong with you is your confidence... and possibly your standards. you totally bashed you above. i do believe there is someone for everyone. i will say if you aren't super hot, there is nothing wrong with that, but in knowing this, do not date someone else for their looks. be open to dating beyond looks. chemistry can be earned through personality. this doesn't mean you won't end up with someone good looking... but know your strengths and play off of them, and don't hold anyone to standards you would hope they would not apply to you. so if you are funny go for the funny guy. he might be hottie, but he might not. just focus of the funny...

when you focus on your strengths hopefully your confidence will improve too! looks are NOT everything!!! when you focus on your power and awesome assets, you will actually appear more attractive to men regardless of your hair, weight, dress size. i kid you not! loving yourself is attractive!!!

so do you and good luck!

• I don’t think it has much to do with confidence. I believe I tend to give the appearance that I am pretty sure of myself. I’ve seen women with low self esteem and eating disorders/other trauma that have a man in their life. I feel as if I am cursed. Plain and simple.

• the men with these women are losers and not who you want in YOUR life. a man who knwos a woman is pyschologically battling illness and still engages with her and does not do everything in his power to help her over xome illness is a loser. not opinion. FACT.