I am 18 and have never had a boyfriend before? And never been kissed?

I am just feeling a bit sad that I have never had a boyfriend before or never even kissed anyone before! I am cute and funny and have guy friends who I get a long really well with but I'm really shy when it comes to feelings. And twice this year a guy has shown interest in me (staring with twinkly eyes and a little flirting/talking). I am really bad at staring back so I usually just look away but I do often start conversations. But then they just stop showing interest when I like them and I am left a bit hurt. I hate that I like guys so easily when they show interest in me without anything happening between us. So many of my friends hang out at guys houses, make out together etc. I wish I was more like that... How do I know when a guy really likes me? When you really like a girl, does it matter if she looks away when you stare at her? Does that make you give up on her?

211

Most Helpful Guys

• You need to get involved in coed group activities. That will pull you out of your shell some and give you some more confidence about talking with guys.

• Well, if she is constantly not showing interest despite my advances (either because she doesn't like me or she's too shy), I'll most likely stop.

Try to practice it. I was bad at showing feelings too. It doesn't matter how awkward you think you look or sound, showing interest is always better than hiding it. Plus, the guy will probably think it's adorable.

• What kind of advances do you have? Yeah, I know it's better to show interest and I do try but I get so nervous

• What kind of advances do I do? Well, it depends on the context.

I assume you're in school. If I liked a girl I saw on a daily basis I'd want to spend time around her. I would be flirtatious, pay her compliments when I like something about her, touch her shoulder, elbow and see how she reacts to that. And if I noticed she shows interest, I'd ask her out.

• If a guy were showing that much interest in me then I would definitely show interest back. But I live in a non English speaking country where a lot of the guys are a bit shy... so the most I have had is staring with twinkly eyes, touching hands and them being close to me and I am the one to start talking to them... I have also added them on snap but they don't send me a snap... So I kind of feel like it's just that no one has liked me enough to do anything about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll turn 18 this week and same.