Is mental illnes?

a different brain? a different brain structure? They also say people who are very aggressive have a very different brain structure... and have low inteligence.. is that true?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to read a new book your info is way off. Many sociopaths are criminal geniuses. Psychopaths are often heads of corporations and world leaders. Their psychopathy fits a respectable role.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's actually not really much of anything, usually. "Mental illness" is a very subjective term with very subjective standards of control and diagnosis. I could easily convince people that I was "mentally ill" if I decided to on a whim, despite not being so. Diagnoses are based purely on external, observable factors that can be judged, again, subjectively. What *I* would consider mentally ill may be completely disregarded by someone else, and vice versa. Basically medical professionals need to stop over-diagnosing people with illnesses that mostly don't exist.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• The low intelligence part is bullshit. There are so many mental illnessess and so many severties. Mental illness does not mean someone has a deformed, phsycially strange looking brain, it means the brain is not working as intended or is sick.

0|0
    0|0
  • Such statements are inherently false simply because they severely oversimplify things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on the illness

0|0
    0|0
    • what about personality disorder? are they mentally ill people

• Google

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes