Are girls turned off by inexperience/lack of a dating history?

I'm currently 19 years old and never had a girlfriend (I just didn't care that much all my life). While I still haven't found any girl I'm interested in, I've come to realize how odd my record seems. I'm starting to think I fucked up my chances of dating anyone I'm actually attracted to cause of my inexperience at my age.

I always believed you needed women to be attracted to you for other women to be attracted to you to demonstrate preselection and social proof; similar to the saying "you need money to get money". To use an analogy, I'm starting to think a guy trying to get a girlfriend without any dating experience is like a cancer patient trying to get health insurance.

Girls, how much of a deal is dating experience to you? Can it be a deal breaker?

Guys, I'd also like to know what you think. I'd also like to know if anyone has ever been in the same situation as me.

I know it's a pretty radical thought, but it's just something I've been thinking off for a while. Thanks!

2721

Most Helpful Girls

• Not a deal breaker At. All!
    If a girl thinks it is, she is only thinking of sex or something and isn't really being serious about the prospect of knowing you for who you are as a living breathing intelligible, emotional, physical human being. So da hell with her!
    in my opinion, it can only ever be seen as a good thing, a huge compliment to any girl you do indeed feel the desire to get to know and have feelings towards. To me, (and given your reasons for not being in a previous relationship) I would almost favour it because it shows you value a partner for all the right reasons, and that you aren't a playboy or just looking for the physical.
    The whole aspect of "preselection and social proof" isn't really true in terms of finding a true partner. Maybe people that still value popularity after leaving highschool, but in the real world there are so many different personalities and shy/quiet people don't always shine brightly inna sea of noise. So they aren't always noticed, and hence ladies don't all go crazy over them unless they are attracted to their physical appearance that's blatantly flagging them from the crowd.
    You want a girl that will like you for you, so no matter what, she shouldn't care what others think anyhow and should really be intrigued with who you are and not how others see you. On the contrary, as a shy girl (but not quiet lol) I tend to not approach guys that are popular amongst the ladies... I feel like when girls constantly talk a guy up, my mind automatically thinks he gets all the girls and is a potential play boy (Its a bias I have that I try not to let rule over my decisions but it is in the end how I initially percieve the situation).
    by the way I'm 25 and have never been in a real relationship either (just an online one)
    Sooo I think it's safe to say that I know what you mean, it was hard for me to find anyone I was interested in and could trust, and even when I did enter a relationship it wasn't even a good match and I was hesitant to even begin it (but I did for the sake of experience)
    So don't let age or experience affect your confidence. It's nothing to be ashamed of or even worried about, it is what it is and life gives us all different experiences and opportunities. Otherwise, life would be boring lol.
    Don't let the status quo of society's view on dating rule your life, tread on with your comfort level and enjoy experiences that will improve you as a person until you meet that special person you will want to enter a relationship with.

• I’m 21 and I have the same problem as the OP. I never been in a relationship and I have heard of the “social proof” theory so it made me worried thinking no woman is ever going to want me and that I wasted my high school years. But reading your comment made me feel a lot more confident. Now that I think about it, I don’t think any girl is going to ask “how many girlfriends have you had?” to see how valuable you are and we all start out single and no relationship experience anyways. So if we’re going by the “social proof” that would mean that 100% of women will find 100% of men undesirable. No existing man has a chance lol. In the end is all about confidence.

• Don't worry about spamming 😂 Your replies were pretty insightful and I enjoyed reading them

• @Asker well I’m not in a relationship myself... yet lol but I do have a friend who has a nice girlfriend and he’s pretty introverted. He doesn’t have that many friends but he knows how to communicate with people and he always has the most interesting things to say. I guess that’s why his girlfriend likes him so much. She’s sees potential in him and he proves how he has potential.

• It depends on how mature you are. Many girls just don’t want to be bothered of taking responsibility of ‘teaching’ you things. Like you’d probably need some guidance in some things (not even talking about anything intimate but just the way you should take care of a girl etc) and a lot of girls want to be guided themselves.

But that doesn’t mean girls are attracted to more ‘experienced’ men. If a girl likes you a lot, she doesn’t care about anything above

• I'm assuming you're talking about guys who get way to attached to their first. I've heard a girl friend tell me about that (The story wasn't about me though. Lol). I guess the takeaway from this is don't give up your world for a girl

• Nope, it’s not about getting attached, it’s about reading another person’s emotions, what actions towards them are acceptable and what not

Most Helpful Guys

• In this point in life, anything is possible. What you have to rmemeber is to be genuine, unique and special to the girl in your own way. When I had my first date at 23, you’d be surprised at how these girls never had the door or chair pulled for them. I tried to Mimmick the cool guys on tv, and it worked. Be confident, don’t care if you don’t have experience or sex. Girls go for people that interest them on a whole new level, not just having 999 girlfriends, because the more break ups you had kind of says that you suck at relationships for not keeping them. I might be wrong, but this is what I think. Just be smooth, funny in your own way and let the girl see the real you, not a facade or a mask.

• 23? Did she know she was your first? If she did, how did she react to that?

Good job though. Happy for you man

• From what I remember, I don’t think she knew about that and I never spoke about it. She was just appreciative of the fact that I knew how to treat her well. She was genuinely surprised at how gentlemanly I was

• It's not too late. But you have to up your game, and your attractiveness. You need three things:
    Looks
    Money
    Confidence. Irrational confidence.

So work your hardest at 1 and 2, and 3 will come through the effort. Hit the gym, hard, muscle up, and make a ton of dough. You'll be fighting them off.

Women are looking for a guy that's actually going someplace and being someone. So just be awesome and one will happen along that wants to hitch their life to yours. Don't be in a hurry, choose wisely.

And always remember, YOU ARE THE PRIZE! So act like it. Women will come and go, but a REAL MAN is a prize to behold.

So get busy... you have a lot of work to do.

• I get why you gave such advice, but I think you have a completely different mental image of me. Lol.

I'm not one of these nerds who don't shower and live in their parents' basement playing World of Warcraft and living on junk food. Quite the opposite.

I don't wanna sound cocky but I need to give out information. I've always been considered attractive by people around me, who openly tell me. I'm also the type to have 5-day workout routines in the gym, which I combine with heavy bag and speed bad training (Yeah. I box too). To add to that, all my cars are Mercedez Benzes, so aesthetic isn't really an issue for me.

As for stepping up my game, I think that advice applies to me; especially since it's the only real explanation I can think of for why I'm in this situation.

Anyway, thanks for replying!

• Excellent. Then you're half way there.
      Go here and read: www.therationalmale.com

And the fact that you've improved yourself instead of chasing pussy, will put you on top in the end. You'll see.