Which is better, online dating or real in person dating?

Is it better to meet a person online and fall in love with someone you can't see. Or meet in person and hope there's sparks before you get to know each other.
Updates:
On the online dating side I meant you would meet eventually after you were both already in love
Thank you for taking the time to explain it better I'm sorry if it confused anybody

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• You can fall in love without ever meeting someone? Wow. I used to date by meeting people online but it just degraded to a game and too many people were just looking for hookups. I would rather meet in person. But I can't imagine falling in love with someone without meeting them in person.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have the wrong idea about online dating. I go online, find someone who looks nice, send her a message, she replies. We exchange a few messages and then she gives me her cell phone number. Within 24 hours, we are talking on the phone. By the end of our second phone conversation, I have asked her for a date, she has accepted my request, and our date is set for Friday or Saturday night that week. No one falls in love before the first meeting.

Online dating allows me to screen potential dates and eliminate those who have obvious deal breakers. I get to see many more women than I would ever meet in real life, but this is just a method to meet them. Once we have talked a few times, we meet in person and, from that point, there is no difference between online dating and traditional dating.

3|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I've used tinder quite a bit and I've met some really nice guys on it. I wouldn't say it's better than meeting someone in real life but it does have its perks. For example the type of guy I'm generally attracted to is not someone I'm going to meet on a regular basis, so actually finding someone I like is hard. Tinder allows me to find these guys I'm attracted to pretty easily. I go out on dates with them pretty quickly after starting to chat with them though so I don't fall in love with someone I've never met in person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course meeting in person is way better. People on social media can pretend to be something they're not. I know people in real life can, too, but I'm talking things like from the way they look to the way they express themselves (which is usually easier through messaging).. it builds up this image in your brain that you expect them to be a certain way in real life, but our imagination can be limited to what we are shown.. a lot of flaws we are not gonna notice until we actually meet.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 51

• Meeting her in person rather than online is much better.

0|1
    0|0
  • I found the love of my life online and we "dated" virtually for months, for 15 years I lived in heaven.. the last two not so much.. I prefer meeting in person, and talking and interacting.. But I would still date on line. its interesting...

0|0
    1|0
    • We feel in love in a virtual world and came together to form a family that was pretty damned good while it lasted.

• Wow that's amazing. I'm sowy that it didn't work forever but I think love sometimes can still make it I hope the best for you!!!

• Thanks little.

• No such thing as online dating, you mean to get to know someone first online and not in real life. Technically it didn't matters much to me, I am open to getting know new people from online and from real life. Also it's not exactly can't see, if you have pictures of yourselves that are not fake. I think that the main advantage of getting to know someone online is that there tend to be less pressure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Online or long distance dating is impersonal. When do you get to see who you are dating? How do you define fidelity when there's distance between you and your partner? You could say you're being faithful and cheat behind the other persons back because the distance creates plausible deniability

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I've done both and I would prefer a physical relationship because you can go on dates and cuddle, where as online you can just swap nudes and flirt a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you have a better chance of meeting someone real vs online.

Cause first off you don't know if the person's photo is real. You don't know if they are everything they claim.

You don't actually see how they interact in person.

There's just too many things you don't know with online dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • Live guides your way, I have never could to choose.
    If she talked with me a lot on the chat and after we could meet love came on the net.
    If she could date with me, chances of love came on meeting.
    I dont think there is many differences. But sooner or later you must date him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've done the online because I'm too shy to walk up to a woman and ask her out. I ended up talking to her on the phone for 2 weeks before meeting. We ended up getting married. However 22 years later she wants a divorce.

0|0
    0|0
  • Meeting someone in person is a million times better because you can tell pretty quick if there is any future in it. You can spend weeks or months messaging someone online and it still ends up going nowhere. Online you never know 100% if the person's pics are real, even if you do a reverse image search because that is not always accurate. Then you have doubts over their personalities online, are they being real or are hiding behind an online persona.

0|0
    0|0
  • online dating is really nice because breaking the ice is so much easier and less awkward but you lose that face to face interaction and you might not live close by each other but ig you can meet many different kinds of people much quicker online

0|0
    0|0
  • With how things go today either is fine. It used to be taboo to meet someone online. Now it's a lot more common. I figure it doesn't matter how you find someone as long as you are happy

0|0
    0|0
  • Online dating kind of sucks, you should try to get to know the person as soon as possible. Being with someone is the best part of dating. That being said, if you have enough chemistry online it is probably easier after that

0|0
    0|0
  • In person, people that date online have a lack of social skills. Online bullshit is for weak people. You too scared to meet a date so jump on tinder and look at fake profiles and get your noodle wet or your clam crammed. Smh at 2018 dating

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not actually what online dating IS. You meet someone online using an app or site, and then meet up in real life as soon as you're both comfortable doing that and see if the first date leads to more.

0|0
    0|0
  • In person by a landslide. Online is just a facilitator for that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Online dating is more accessible, but real. life s áating

0|0
    0|0
    • Fuck,. pressed the submit button. Would appreciate a delete function...
      Anyway.
      Real life dating gives a better chance if you are not that attractive - artificial scarcity and all. Basically you don't have toe be the best, just. the best out of those present.
      But online dating is abused quite a bit. So I don't know.

• I find it's quite the opposite, only because guys tend to really be affected visually (as do girls) and in real life, some girls really do go all out with appearance so much that sometimes hours are put into looking good. And it kinda leaves the guy disoriented and not sure which to go for I suppose (I've seen it happen, a guy in a room full of hot girls... they just stand around awkward because they don't know who to approach)
      While online dating really helps to screen people out faster if your texting style doesn't match as good (menacing that conversation is really how they are screening the females)

• I did both and both were really great. It just depends how you like the other person and love is love regardless you've seen each other irl or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Online dating. Stay anonymous as long as possible, untill you are absolutely sure it isn't a metoo trap.

0|1
    1|0
  • Real life in person dating girls online are gold diggers most of them I've Been Told

0|1
    0|0
  • In person becouse its easier to read people in person

0|2
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 18

• In person, you don't have to deal with catfish, and you don't get the illusion of feelings for the other individual

0|1
    0|0
  • Online is better for introverts who are extremely shy, because if you get to know someone online for a while... you will be more comfortable with them in real life when you meet

1|0
    0|0
  • I think both methods are good for dating. I’ve had really good relationships online and off in my life time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally, it depends on the person. I have dated over the internet before and in real life. However, online dating worked best for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's different for everyone depending on your comfort zones

1|0
    0|0
  • Real in person because you don’t know what that person is doing online

0|1
    0|0
  • Real. Im not staying on my phone 24/7 to talk to an stranger

0|1
    0|0
  • In my recent experiences.. know him first before the dating process. However, you can also date him, and check him for yoirself. 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • In person. Honestly this shouldn’t be a question

0|2
    0|0
  • Online at this Time. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they are both just fine.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh, I see, you don't mean using online to meet people. You mean just having the whole relationship online. In that case, online dating isn't dating, it's just fantasy and unreality.

• Online dating sucks ass.

0|1
    0|0
  • Real life but both can work😊

0|1
    0|0
  • Real person

0|0
    0|0
  • I met my fiancé online!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think both have their pros and cons

0|0
    0|0
  • In person

0|1
    0|0
  • of course real. how long does love lasts on social media? how can you marry on social media? it makes no sense

0|0
    0|0
    • Sowy I mean eventually you would meet but after your in love

• Show All
    • Thank you for your opinion it really helps

• i'm happy that it helps you :) good luck wth your life :)

Recommended myTakes