Which is better, online dating or real in person dating?

Is it better to meet a person online and fall in love with someone you can't see. Or meet in person and hope there's sparks before you get to know each other.
On the online dating side I meant you would meet eventually after you were both already in love
Thank you for taking the time to explain it better I'm sorry if it confused anybody

2053

Most Helpful Guys

• You can fall in love without ever meeting someone? Wow. I used to date by meeting people online but it just degraded to a game and too many people were just looking for hookups. I would rather meet in person. But I can't imagine falling in love with someone without meeting them in person.

• You have the wrong idea about online dating. I go online, find someone who looks nice, send her a message, she replies. We exchange a few messages and then she gives me her cell phone number. Within 24 hours, we are talking on the phone. By the end of our second phone conversation, I have asked her for a date, she has accepted my request, and our date is set for Friday or Saturday night that week. No one falls in love before the first meeting.

Online dating allows me to screen potential dates and eliminate those who have obvious deal breakers. I get to see many more women than I would ever meet in real life, but this is just a method to meet them. Once we have talked a few times, we meet in person and, from that point, there is no difference between online dating and traditional dating.

Most Helpful Girls

• I've used tinder quite a bit and I've met some really nice guys on it. I wouldn't say it's better than meeting someone in real life but it does have its perks. For example the type of guy I'm generally attracted to is not someone I'm going to meet on a regular basis, so actually finding someone I like is hard. Tinder allows me to find these guys I'm attracted to pretty easily. I go out on dates with them pretty quickly after starting to chat with them though so I don't fall in love with someone I've never met in person.

• Of course meeting in person is way better. People on social media can pretend to be something they're not. I know people in real life can, too, but I'm talking things like from the way they look to the way they express themselves (which is usually easier through messaging).. it builds up this image in your brain that you expect them to be a certain way in real life, but our imagination can be limited to what we are shown.. a lot of flaws we are not gonna notice until we actually meet.