Do guys actually want/care to have a relationship?

It seems to me that every guy i’m interested in and likes me back, only wants to hookup or be involved with no strings attached. Do most guys think like that? I mean I know people who are in relationships but the ones I know of are just people who were hooking up then decided to start dating, but I’ve always wanted that movie kind of first date relationship, where the guy actually asks a girl out on a date not expecting anything more than being with her. Does that still exist? And I know some guys who might possibly want more from me than just sex but they also just want to hangout at parties and still care just about hooking up. I don't know if my expectations are too high, but I just really wanna know if sex is the only thing that matters to guys. I’m in high school by the way so it makes sense not many are looking for relationships but do I have any chance at having my movie-esque relationship?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• You'r expectations are not to high, I'm the same but obviously looking for the same qualities in a woman. It has a lot to do with our age, people don't tend to get serious until in there 20's unless you are more mature at a younger age which is what i'm cursed with.

0|0
    0|0
  • You've already answered your own question: guys around your age are not currently ready to settle down.

So any one-to-one dates and "relationship" has only one endpoint: sex.

However, for guys who are already working and have a proper career, they want to get married and settle down.

Look at this poll by more than a thousand guys and girls here:

Singles, will you consider marriage? ↗

So yes. There are many guys who are serious to settle down, but not from your age group.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Some guys do and some guys don't

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Come to me, but too bad your only 17, i'm 32 🙂
    I also like the girl to become a housewife when i marry her...

What's your opinion on the housewife role?

0|0
    0|0
  • I understand what you're saying, unfortunately the 'gentleman' is running very low these days. And to answer your question yes some guys do care about having a relationship, you just have to find them through the crowd of sex hungry guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most young boys -especially in high school- either are way too scared to initiate the first interaction or they're the stereotypical fuckboy looking for either sex or the "best looking" one to cuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're far too young. Give 'em another ten years honey. Right now they just want a warm place to put it.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes we do want a committed relationship, but you guys dont have time for us because you guys are always super busy in chasing assholes and douche bags

0|0
    0|0
  • Date older more mature men... if your 18 I'm single... I'd rather cuddle than have sex

0|0
    0|0
  • Many guys are like that but there are still some left that want a relationship. Just keep looking, you'll find one eventually

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I ask a girl out to get to know her. Sex isn't even on the table as an option at that time

0|0
    0|0
  • 😍 yes I would some day, soon as I shape up my life and get it a bit more in order

0|0
    0|0
  • They do. Many guys you'll meet won't at that age.

0|0
    0|0
  • You would probably say no to them

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes