Do guys actually want/care to have a relationship?

It seems to me that every guy i’m interested in and likes me back, only wants to hookup or be involved with no strings attached. Do most guys think like that? I mean I know people who are in relationships but the ones I know of are just people who were hooking up then decided to start dating, but I’ve always wanted that movie kind of first date relationship, where the guy actually asks a girl out on a date not expecting anything more than being with her. Does that still exist? And I know some guys who might possibly want more from me than just sex but they also just want to hangout at parties and still care just about hooking up. I don't know if my expectations are too high, but I just really wanna know if sex is the only thing that matters to guys. I’m in high school by the way so it makes sense not many are looking for relationships but do I have any chance at having my movie-esque relationship?

113

Most Helpful Guys

• You'r expectations are not to high, I'm the same but obviously looking for the same qualities in a woman. It has a lot to do with our age, people don't tend to get serious until in there 20's unless you are more mature at a younger age which is what i'm cursed with.

• You've already answered your own question: guys around your age are not currently ready to settle down.

So any one-to-one dates and "relationship" has only one endpoint: sex.

However, for guys who are already working and have a proper career, they want to get married and settle down.

Look at this poll by more than a thousand guys and girls here:

Singles, will you consider marriage? ↗

So yes. There are many guys who are serious to settle down, but not from your age group.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some guys do and some guys don't