Are these details that I mention a sign my boyfriend is lazy/unmotivated?

I am currently dating this beautiful person who has the biggest heart I've ever seen I can honestly say that I genuinely love him and want to make him happy. What's mine is his and he knows that. In every aspect of our relationship he is great I don't have any complaints. He'd do whatever I ask him.

The thing I'm concerned with though is that well, my boyfriend isn't a very motivated person. He gives up fairly easily after failure and well I'm not sure if I like that about him. He's also lazy when it comes to self care/hygiene. He fixed that once I brought it to his attention. However after a while he gets careless about it again. He expresses his interest in certain things however I never see him actively looking into said subjects. For instance he stated he wants to be a nutritionist but I've never seen him read a book, post on social media or watch videos about nutrition. All he does is watch random videos on World Star or YouTube. I'm starting to worry that he may not change these habits.

Are these bad signs? I should mention that he's been sheltered for most of his life and has only been on his own for a little over a year.

02