Does education matter when choosing a long term relationship and future husband? If so, why or why not?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It does to me, I'd need someone with the same level of education as me, we'd have more in common and have more to talk about.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• I don't particularly care about education level it's not a job. However intelligence I do care about. I can't date an idiot, let alone marry them.

0|1
    0|0
    • I agree. No one wants a person who will make life miserable. Pairing with someone with a good head will definitely make life easier. However, the education is required for career type jobs.

• No always, and to think you need a college degree to date someone makes me want nothing to do with them. It's not a job it's a relationship. Gosh gold diggers.

• Haha:)! True!

• Yes!!! It's important... what if the guy divorces you? you might not know it now but it can happen and if he does who's going to support you... So education matters bc you can't get a job if you're not educated... Think of the future... Don't risk the possibility of being a broke divorce beeej

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends. I want him to be educated but just having a degree doesn't mean a man is as such. Personally, an attractive middle-class blue-collar worker with a great personality is fine for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • As long as he has common sense and he's not stupid , I don't care about his educational background. His morals and values are more important to me than his intellect. I know some intelligent people who are actually stupid despite their intelligence

0|0
    0|0
  • Education isn't by itself a deal breaker but it is an important factor the same way it matters when choosing a military officer.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sort of. If he hasn't even finished highschool his job prospects aren't looking too good. If its a long term relationship i need it to be a partnership. I wouldn't be able to afford a family on my own

0|1
    0|0
  • Higher education is not a relibale indicator of intelligence. There are plenty of college grads who are utter morons.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I think it's important that he's smart, but there are plenty of smart people who don't have a fancy degree.

0|1
    0|0
  • I prefer he have at least an associates. If no degree than at least a good paying job

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes because there are many instances in live where it's needed to support a family/wife

0|1
    0|0
  • It does

0|1
    0|0
  • He doesn’t need to have a degree, just a good work ethic - ambition. It tells me he’ll be a good team player as a partner and potential Dad.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not to me

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes