Do you consider a 10 year age gap between you and some guy a deal breaker?

My parents have a 10 year age gap and when they were in their 30's & 40's everything was fair and now at their 40's & 50's everything is hell. It can hardly be consider a relationship but o well I am getting too off topic.Do you consider a 10 year age gap between you and some guy a deal breaker?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand exactly what you are saying - The effect of a 10 year gap is dramatically different at various stages of your life - There are times when it would be a deal breaker for me and times when it wouldn't - If I was the older (Lets keep it legal) 26/28 up to 33 No, 34 to 50 yes, 51 to 75 no, 76 plus yes - Breakdown the numbers the yes are areas where I feel a 10 year gap of number minus 10 would not be that obvious and the no areas are times I feel the gap would have huge impact. All this said from a starting point of view, a continuing relationship has a different logic plus it is a In General thought everyone has a different history.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• Definitely not. I'm attracted to guys who are older than me so I really don't have a problem with it!

1|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on the people in the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, yes. I think 4-6 years older is okay though!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. If there's a connection, enjoy it!

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be a deal-breaker for me, I want someone from the same generation as me, so he we could relate at what life throws towards us. But different strokes for different folks. My parents are also 9 years apart and their marriage is worth of considering relationship goals (mom is 41, dad is 50). In conclusion, some people work better with big age gaps, while others don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hahaha my boyfriend is in his mid forties so not a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a deal breaker

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Age differences make it a little bit more difficult to make a relationship work but the fact that your parents' marriage is falling apart is necessarily caused by their age gap.

If two people have similar interests, desires, and goals, they are mutually attracted, and both are willing to do the work to keep a relationship going. then age gaps should not be a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't consider an age gap that big to be a deal breaker, but I don't think it's ideal either. I think it's harder when you're at different stages of life. The biggest difference I've had in any of my relationships was about 5 1/2 years (two different times). That wasn't really much of an issue and one of those relationships was very long term. My guess is that it would be more of an issue at 10 or more years though.

I don't think it would be impossible though, so my guess is that the age difference isn't the only reason (or probably even the primary reason) that your parents are having problems.

Do you know what the main issues and are whether they really are age difference related or just more about communication, trust, future goals, how they treat each other, etc. which are common problems in all relationships?

0|0
    0|0
  • 14 to 24 is not ok. 35 to 45 is just fine. Age can be a factor in marriage but it can be good just as well as difficult.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not automatically. Would still look for same qualities if closer in age.

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend is 30

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really not a big deal

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes