If I ground my daughter for 2 months for posting this on Facebook would that be too harsh? she is 13 and not allowed to date?

If I ground my daughter for 2 months for posting this on Facebook would that be too harsh? she is 13 and not allowed to date?
  • Yes too harsh
    Vote A
  • Nope it's a good punishment
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
She just called me to go pic her up form ber boyfriend house cause her boyfriend Nd her boyfriend friend had sexual intercourse with her and her boyfriend broke up with her after

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not harsh at all, she's going against hour wishes. Thats not tolerated. And if she was living with black family, she wouldn't pull this stunt. No hitting but black moms has there ways.

0|0
    0|0
    • U saying cause i am white she walks all over me

• Show All
    • @BeHappy1985 wtf?

• Exactly what im im saying. Im not Asian, im blk. But okay.

Most Helpful Girl

• She broke your rules and now had to deal with the consequences. Tough titties. You must make your daughter understand that your rules aren't there to ruin her life or make her unhappy or to set her up to be a social pariah. You love her and want to protect her. Maybe you can have a sit down talk with your daughter and really try to gauge her maturity level to see if she can start dating AFTER she's through with her punishment.

0|0
    0|0
    • 13 is too young to date. Who is she gonna date, some 18 yr old that has a car? 13 is in Jr. High, She should not be kissing and making out with guys at that age, in my opinion, unless it's a group function, like at a game or school dance.

• Show All
    • Nope 4 years.
      Freshmen some are 13 other 14
      Shopmore some are 14 others 15
      Junior some are 16 others 17
      And senior some are 17 other 18

• It all depends on your bday

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• You need to raise your girl by teaching her daily why this and why not.. punishing bcz they broke a rule won't get them to understand anything.

0|0
    0|0
    • What !!! You saying 2 of them had sex with her !!!

• Show All
    • One 18 and she doesn't want. Ms calling the cops

• Ohh fuck but even better to fuck his life up.. oh my i would be raging now if that happened to my daughter... Call the cops. and tell your daughter no MATTTTTER WHAT SHE SAYS IT WAS AGAINST HER CONSENT !! and even if it was which doesn't matter cz she's a a minor.. id wanna make them pay for it.

• Based on the picture, it was harsh. Based on the other information you gave? Yes, she's 13 and had sex with is just disgusting to me personally

0|0
    0|0
  • You did the right thing. Just talk to her about the hazards of what happened

0|0
    0|0
  • ok what are we suppoosed to see that is "grounding" worthy exactly?

0|0
    0|0
    • The guy kissing her

• Show All
    • She had sex with him

• well NOW you can ground her, don't ground her because she has a boyfriend or because she kisses a guy on facebook.
      Sex at 13 ? wtf? go to the police at this point

• Yes too harsh

also, counter productive

0|0
    0|0
  • The more you push back, the more she'll rebel. She's at that age, remember what you were like at that age?

0|0
    0|0
    • I wasn't like that

• Show All
    • Nope, it makes her a hypocrite. she had her daughter as a teen

• @TrixiePooch I agree with the anon, mother is a hypocrite, if anything she should have a talk with her daughter abour protection and contraceptive pills. It's 2018 for gods sake, she can ither accept the reality of things or push her daughter away. Grounding, yelling, punishing never works, it just weakens the bond with the parent.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think there's reason to ground her based on the picture. If they had sex, grounding her isn't going to change the fact that it happened, and all that's going to do is teach her to hide this stuff from you. If I were you, whilst I am not a parent, I would talk to her about valuing her body at her age and how the consequences that can come with having sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • You won't come near peace doing this. Next time she'll do even worse in secret. You should have an open conversation with her about boys and her age. A friendly conversation, not a strict one. She should feel at ease talking about this. Once she understands it will be easier.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the main problem is she didn’t follow your rules. Not so much the picture. Could be the other way to you but I find that to be worse. And doing nothing about It will only give her the okay signal that she doesn’t have to listen to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • groundings not gonna do anything. she's just gonna think ur being bitchy and unfair and continue to do what she was doing, this time with more determination. you can't stop her honestly, just regulate it and keep watch over the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean it's pretty tame. You should be punishing her for breaking your dating rule. Not posting a pic

0|0
    0|0
  • Dunno

0|0
    0|0
  • did the right thing

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes