Should I just end things with him?

Long story short, I met this guy and now feel like I want to end things with him. I believe he is still not over his ex even though he claims to like me. I don’t want to be involved with that sort of emotional toll and don’t want to be apart of it anymore. Should I give him at least one more chance for him to prove that he’s actually not over her, or should I just end things now? My intuition is saying to end things, but at the same time I feel I can be hasty and passive towards people who’ve done similar things to me in the past. What should I do?
We get along really well. I think he still has feelings for his ex just by the way he speaks of her though. They’re still friends. I’m tired of being the person that others unload their issues onto and I’m slowly becoming that for him. Our relationship isn’t very deep so I wouldn’t be heartbroken but I am tired of letting people go from things not working out though I know that happens. I guess I’m just wondering if I should give him a chance of just trust my gut?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Your gut is wise, but you need to fill it with information or your head will kill you with thought. Basically, did he break up with her? Why do you think he has feelings, perhaps say something to show you're irritated like "you talk about your ex so much why don't you date her instead"!

Most Helpful Girl

• So end things for yourself. Let him try coming to you, if he does, and if he convinces you to like him again you can always change your mind later. But right now it sounds like you don't want to stress over someone who isn't committed to you 100%. It makes sense. Make him work for it or don't worry about what he is doing. You do you bbgirl.

• A1 advise. Let's you leave and gives him a chance to prove himself. Also do you know why they broke up? Just saying his ex could probably give you a bunch of dirt on him.