Is it wrong that I only feel attracted to much older men?

I'm 18 and honestly I see lots of people everyday from many ages and various physical traits but I only feel drawn to guys over 30.
Is this weird?

PS. I can find younger men attractive but there's something missing that makes me prefer older men.

0|6

Most Helpful Guys

• It is not wrong, but it is bizarre (unless you only mean like 5-7 years older. If you are exclusively attracted to 40 or 50 year olds (or older) Freud would probably believe you havr an Elektra complex and/or some unresolved father issues. Ask a counselor to be safe and see if he or she believes your attraction is healthy. In my experience, it is always unhealthy to be attrscted to ONLY this or ONLY that because humans are meant to like people in certain age ranges (usually 5 years young or older, once we pass age 20).

1|1
    1|0
  • Yes and no
    But mostly you are influenced by tv and shows.

3|1
    1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Do you have daddy issues? Cause if not then it's nothing wrong I guess. It's a little weird cause you're only 18 so maybe you haven't dated that many men yet. But I remember myself as 18 and all the guys from school were just so stupid lol. Maybe you just like more mature, grown up men who are not scattered. Men in their late 20s can be like that, cause I can't imagine you having much in common with someone over 30. In a few years you will be. Maybe that one thing missing is related to some daddy issue, but I hope not

0|0
    1|0
  • I think you are looking for a father figure - maybe you want somebody to take care of you and protect you and provide for you - what you should know is that nobody will ever do for you what you need to do for yourself. Even if you met a guy who was willing to take care of you - you would still have to take care of yourself eventually or take care of others when you become a mom and I think being a married mom is harder than being employed and single with no man around to offer emotional or financial support.

2|1
    1|2
    • Just looking to clarify what you just wrote... you're saying its harder to be a married mom then a single mom with job and no man to support? If that is the message you meant could you enlighten me? I always thought raising children together is always easier than alone. And mind you I'm a single father of two. I am talking good relationship of course. Bad ones are always just that bad.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 108

• Older men have some distinct advantages as compared to younger men! :) :) :)

3|3
    5|1
    • Yeah they have money 😂😂

• Show All
    • @OlderAndWiser come on man... Don't act like the extra money we have after a few extra years of career development and careful saving aren't rather nice... Or like it doesn't allow us access to more experiences and stories and lots of those things that aren't directly tied to our money, but are most certainly enabled by it.

Not to mention it's way easier to be confident with a woman when you're not all that worried or bothered by the $200 bill the waiter is going to be bringing you after the meal. Don't discount the money. You earned that after all! So did I!

• @ManFrom1982 What I said was "it is not all related to money." I never said money was not a factor.

• Not really- you just have that preference

0|0
    0|0
    • An older guy isn't just Looking for fun before he moves on to the next Girl- he is Looking for a Long-term Partner.

• It is not anything wrong, but just don't let anyone abuse you or take the advantage of your young age. As much as they can be experienced in many ways as character and more, they can also have the tendancy of only spending time with you aswell. Yet every human is different, we cannot see everyone the same just because how the majority or minority is.

1|0
    0|0
  • To each their own - It sounds like you are attracted by maturity or possibility of maturity - Many young people can be attracted to the security and steadiness of an older person - It is usually a more emotional/psychological attraction than physical.

1|0
    0|0
  • ''Older men'' aren't 30 in my eyes. Weird is, what is weird. But who specifies which is, and which isn't?

2|0
    0|0
    • Sorry, meant older than me.

• It's not weird at all. It could also be a phase. I've dated girls of all ages (18-52 usually), most are in their 20's. Some just like older guys because they are more stable, and tend to know what they want. Others they are attracted for a while, but eventually settle for someone their own age.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say that this is weird, everybody has a different taste i think it's all inside our heads :)

I can find some older woman also very attractive in a different way than that younger woman are attractive.

I think it's hot to see a fully grown lady with a lot of expierence, and i'm sure some girls feel about older men the same way.

1|0
    1|0
  • Its fairly normal to crave stability/security. Older men as a rule have more time to establish these things.

Some young guys have too though so try not to close your mind to those options if you can at all help it.

1|0
    0|0
  • How can it possibly be wrong that you’re attracted to men?

Their age should have no bearing on it at all.. you only think it should because the general idea in society now is to partner with someone close to your age. That wasn’t the case in the 19th century, where nobody thought anything of 20+ yr age gaps.

Bottom line is, you’re attracted to men who just happen to be older because you find certain things about them appealing 👍🏼

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 57

• It's not wrong. It happens a lot. Older guys can be more secure, open to love, stable - and that can be very enticing, especially in a world of such uncertainty. You just have to be mature beyond your years and have a strong will and know how not to be taken advantage of, because sometimes men who prefer much younger girlfriends want to infantilize you and control you, and they turn out to be just as immature as guys your own age.

0|0
    0|0
  • Older men are more mature. As women, we mature a lot faster than men and so it's natural to be attracted to older men. They are wiser, know more, able to take care of you and are likely trying to settle down. Older guys also are attracted by young women so it makes us young girls feel beautiful. So, it's natural to feel that way. Just be careful because not all have good intentions. Some simply like to take advantage of young girls.

2|1
    1|0
  • Yes. It is weird. Not exactly wrong, but most of the guys you'll be dating at that age will probably only be interested in you because you're a young (and probably naive) girl.

0|2
    1|1
  • I called this phase of my life my “second puberty”, it was where I found men my age attractive but also their dads😂 it’s not unnatural to feel more attracted to older men, woman mature faster than men do so we look for someone we can be emotionally / mentally compatible with. Not to say that there aren’t men our own age that we can be compatible with...

0|1
    0|0
    • Annnnnnd women are attracted to men with wealth and established careers... Both of which are found in more abundance in older men than in younger 😂😂

I certainly never found all that many women in their 20s all that particularly mature when I was that age. Just sayin.

• Show All
    • ... Lol I have definitely been told that all my life, and maybe that's just my style. But I didn't actually intend to wreck up the place here. Be well!

• @ManFrom1982. I don't judge men by their careers or social status. I judge them by their character. To me you could be working at a gas station. As long as he is doing the best he can. I'm more interested in our connection together. I could have waited for a man with a good paying job. But if I did that I wouldn't have met the love of my life. He had just been laid off from work when I met him. But that didn't phase me. We were connected. And we worked it out. All I cared is that he was trying to get reestablished. Life can be short. So why wait till you have all your eggs in your basket to commit to someone? I don't wait on things. I do what feels right and makes me happy. That's my fairytale.

• I dated a guy in a rock band 20 years older than me. I was attracted to his talent and us both being singers and guitar players we had a lot of fun jamming together. He was easy on the eyes too. Especially the way he was on stage. He was sexy. And I was more mature for my age which is why I got along better with older guys.

0|0
    0|1
    • One thing I want to add. It's ok as long as you don't give a guy the time of day only because he's not older. Being an ageist is never good.

• Show All
    • Ageist? Some people are ageist which means no matter what they will only date people a certain age. They could meet someone perfect for them but is a deal breaker because they aren't young or old enough.

• No it’s not bad. I’m dating someone who is 30years older than me and I love him. I’ve dated men my age and it was a total flop. Some people will think you have daddy issues and talk shit but who cares. Especially on this site. You do you. Some older men have a lot of class

1|0
    0|0
  • Story of my life tbh. I got nothing. As long as you're comfortable and legal it's fine.

1|1
    1|1
  • Yes it's normal. Even when I was little, I always found men around 30 the most attractive, and it's normal because they reach the peak of their attractiveness at that age

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing at all wrong with it. My companion is a much older man. If that’s your preference, then that’s your choice to make. There are downsides to it, but enough upsides for me to be content with it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its not wrong. You're an adult. You can make your own choices. If you and these people actually love each other and treat each other right then it shouldn't matter about y'alls age. Love and emotions are a strange thing. Just be careful with whoever you choose. And never be afraid to say no or to leave.

1|0
    0|1
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes