Do Girls only date the top 10-20% of men?

I was recently told (by women), that they only bother dating the hottest x% of men (always a number significantly <50%). How does this exactly work? Do you just share the same studs for short term relationships or something lol?

47

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, a few females can speak for our entire gender, and any nonsense a female spews is somehow fact? Why was I not told we have this kind of superpower?

• I'm pretty sure no females provided this information to him

• @Duvet 5 girls told me this, it was regards to swipe patterns on mobile dating apps, and which messages to send/reply too. Lol why is this hard to believe?

@Saccarissa, I’m not generalizing... The whole point of asking the question is to get an answer. If I were generalizing I wouldn’t need anyone else’s opinion, now would I?

• No, asker, you're assuming this nonsense is real and asking questions under the assumption of said "fact." At least, that's how it reads.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe you have had some bad experiences and you are trying to console yourself by believing this myth. All girls do NOT want the same thing in a man, so there is no universal rating scale. One girl may just want casual sex with male model types and she rates a certain guy in the top 10%. Another girl who wants a serious relationship may rate the same guy in the bottom 10% because he has a history of cheating and being unavailable for long term commitments.

Have you ever notices that there are fat guys who are married and in relationships? Same for short guys, ugly guys, etc. Hang out in date spots on Friday and Saturday nights; every dating couple does not look like Hollywood stars!

• I don’t have bad experiences with dating. Ironically, the question arises from a few female colleague are struggling, and have resorted to online dating and told me this info!

With regards to your 2nd paragraph, are these older couples? If so, another GAG question addresses this as women settling in exchange for financial resources (nit my opinion)