Do Girls only date the top 10-20% of men?

I was recently told (by women), that they only bother dating the hottest x% of men (always a number significantly <50%). How does this exactly work? Do you just share the same studs for short term relationships or something lol?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow, a few females can speak for our entire gender, and any nonsense a female spews is somehow fact? Why was I not told we have this kind of superpower?

1|2
    0|0
    • I'm pretty sure no females provided this information to him

• @Duvet 5 girls told me this, it was regards to swipe patterns on mobile dating apps, and which messages to send/reply too. Lol why is this hard to believe?

@Saccarissa, I’m not generalizing... The whole point of asking the question is to get an answer. If I were generalizing I wouldn’t need anyone else’s opinion, now would I?

• No, asker, you're assuming this nonsense is real and asking questions under the assumption of said "fact." At least, that's how it reads.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe you have had some bad experiences and you are trying to console yourself by believing this myth. All girls do NOT want the same thing in a man, so there is no universal rating scale. One girl may just want casual sex with male model types and she rates a certain guy in the top 10%. Another girl who wants a serious relationship may rate the same guy in the bottom 10% because he has a history of cheating and being unavailable for long term commitments.

Have you ever notices that there are fat guys who are married and in relationships? Same for short guys, ugly guys, etc. Hang out in date spots on Friday and Saturday nights; every dating couple does not look like Hollywood stars!

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t have bad experiences with dating. Ironically, the question arises from a few female colleague are struggling, and have resorted to online dating and told me this info!

With regards to your 2nd paragraph, are these older couples? If so, another GAG question addresses this as women settling in exchange for financial resources (nit my opinion)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Totally false if not you'll see 90 / 80 % of men being single and never married / having a girlfriend which is totally false.
    I checked the percentage and in my country around 40 % of people are alone and 75 % of those alone people are women so it's guys who only date the top 10 - 20 % of women and are much more picky.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don’t know what country you live in, but here in the States men will date anything with a pulse, and is past the age of consent (fun fact, we also have the highest %, who ignore this latter condition).

The only guys who exclusively date top 10-20% of women, are the ones who are literally swarmed by women everywhere they go. If so, this men definitively must be in the minority and thus support my premises.

• Show All
    • thanks for the response, I need to go to France right away lol. My point was to illustrate that men in the United States are desperate, and that other point is just a fun fact we have the most pedophiles.

• You're welcome :)

I heard it was the Philippine who had the most pedophile though.
      It's really creepy to think there's the most pedophile there though it don't really surprise me considering what I can have read on this site by some guys. Truly creepy.

• Girls who want to hook up look for sexy men, girls who are looking for a long term relationship look for more average men.

0|0
    0|0
    • Although this is certainly true it doesn’t make any logical sense. You can hookup with anyone, any number of times. But you can only date 1 person for a long term. Why would you consciously “look for more average men” that are lower quality.

• Show All
    • The dad look isn't overly sexy or bad boy. The dad bod is cute and a little chubby.

• In other words average is the dad bod

• Use common sense. In 2015 alone there were more women than men in the USA. Statistically that doesn't work. Go to walmart and look at couples, shocker, not all are super hot guys with random chicks.

0|0
    0|0
    • My question uses more than common sense, it uses evolution which has shown this for millions of years.

• Show All
    • Well thats not true. there's no way 90% of women would be okay with being side hoes to a several men

• Of course not, none would be okay with it I'd imagine. But there's a reason why you hear the terms "side chick/hoe" and barely ever hear "side dude" or w. e.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't think it works like that, I think in general girls and guys look for partners that are similar in looks or hotness. I myself because i'm average would be happy with an average girl, but that's fine because that's what i'm extremely attracted too. To me she would not be considered average is what i'm trying to say.

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for the reply, by the way I would say you’re definitely above average biased on ur pp.

• Really? Thanks a lot, means a lot considering I'v never been complimented IRL.

• I dont think you realize how bad the average man looks haha

• The ones that say that are narcissists and only date people who tell them that they are better than them.

0|1
    0|0
    • Haha, were talking about 22 yr old college girls who are sad they don’t have a boyfriend. Hardly narcissistic material?

• The number 1 question on a NPD test is do you think you're special. In 1963 8% of college students said yes. In 2014 65%. Google rise of narcissistic behavior. Getting hurt over criticisms is the number 2 part of NPD and people all over the country are trying to put forth laws limiting that. Doctors in California are no longer allowed to suggest their patients loose weight because it's fat shaming. How are you supposed to do you job without being honest?

• Since 80% of the world's men aren't single I'm going to say no. The vast majority of people, men and women are with someone, even many of the unattractive men and unattractive women.

I disagree with your premise.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, the top % usually goes after the top % of the opposite gender. Normal people dont mind as much.

0|1
    0|0
  • If they did, why do we have so many people in the world?

0|0
    0|0
    • Women have contributed to the gene pool sigficantly much more than men (more than 2 to 1). If you remove geographical isolation it will definitely go up to an 70-80 vs 30-20 split.

• No... don't be silly

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes