Girls, Which is the better message of confession?

Message 1 - I was afraid of telling you but I think it’s just wrong for me to hide it (I think it’s straining our friendship too) - I really admire your free independent spirit and your fun personality and you always put a smile on my face whenever we hang out and I really like you. I wanted to ask if you think we could ever develop into anything more than friends? You’ve been a great friend to me and I was afraid of losing the friendship if I told you this but I completely understand if you’re not interested and no longer want to spend time with me. Whatever happens, I will always respect your boundaries.

message 2 - I was afraid of telling you but I think it’s just wrong for me to hide it (I think it’s straining our friendship too) - I really admire your free independent spirit and your fun personality and you always put a smile on my face whenever we hang out and I really like you. I wanted to ask if you think we could ever develop into anything more than friends? You’ve been a great friend to me and i was afraid of losing our friendship if I told you this as that's the last thing I want so if the answer is no then I really hope we can still be friends. Whatever happens, I will always respect your boundaries.
  • Message 1
    Vote A
  • Message 2
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Neither, something like this may be better if said in person. Sending messages is the coward's way out and they/you can't read body language or hear the sincerity of your voice. Sometimes what you say first is more honest than what you say when you rehash it several times before you reply to a message, in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • First message is better. But I always think it’s best to confess your feelings in person than through a text. That way you can see the person’s reaction and shows that you’ve got guts.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Wishing you the best! I agree though only send message two if you can continue to just be friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Message 2 BUT ONLY IF you ACTUALLY want to and can still be platonic friends with her! (If you're feelings are not mutual)

0|0
    0|0
    • I do. It’s just that at the moment I feel the untold feelings are straining the friendship as I keep avoiding her because I’m angry she can’t spent time with me. She’s genuinely busy atm.

• Well then that's a fine message. If you plan on telling her in person... that might be even better! (More difficult... but at least you could see her reaction)

• The first one came off as a little pitiful towards the end, and it’s a red flag if a person thinks you’re trying to manipulate them by invoking pity.

0|0
    0|0
  • message one sounds too formal

0|0
    0|0
  • The second one is good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Damnnnnn wow thats courage. I will go with the 2nd message. I wish you the best!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Hide what?

0|0
    0|0
  • Second one

0|0
    0|0
  • You sound like a great, stand-up guy who isn't afraid of rejection, nor should you be. Whichever message you choose seems fine. I admire your courage; very few men have it these days. 👌🏻

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes