Girls, Which is the better message of confession?

Message 1 - I was afraid of telling you but I think it’s just wrong for me to hide it (I think it’s straining our friendship too) - I really admire your free independent spirit and your fun personality and you always put a smile on my face whenever we hang out and I really like you. I wanted to ask if you think we could ever develop into anything more than friends? You’ve been a great friend to me and I was afraid of losing the friendship if I told you this but I completely understand if you’re not interested and no longer want to spend time with me. Whatever happens, I will always respect your boundaries.

message 2 - I was afraid of telling you but I think it’s just wrong for me to hide it (I think it’s straining our friendship too) - I really admire your free independent spirit and your fun personality and you always put a smile on my face whenever we hang out and I really like you. I wanted to ask if you think we could ever develop into anything more than friends? You’ve been a great friend to me and i was afraid of losing our friendship if I told you this as that's the last thing I want so if the answer is no then I really hope we can still be friends. Whatever happens, I will always respect your boundaries.
  • Message 1
  • Message 2

11

Most Helpful Girls

• Neither, something like this may be better if said in person. Sending messages is the coward's way out and they/you can't read body language or hear the sincerity of your voice. Sometimes what you say first is more honest than what you say when you rehash it several times before you reply to a message, in my opinion.

• First message is better. But I always think it’s best to confess your feelings in person than through a text. That way you can see the person’s reaction and shows that you’ve got guts.