Does the definition of romance change between men and women?

Example women would find a dinner date at a fancy restaurant with candles and piano music romantic.
For me that would be nice but not my definition of romantic.
For me romantic requires an element of physical interaction.

Example a movie night just the two of you sitting on a sofa with snacks and cuddles.
  • It does change between men and women
  • It doesn't
  • It changes between each individual
    Vote C
  • On the fence
    Vote D

2941

Most Helpful Girls

• The sofa thing sounds ideal to me. Don't get me wrong, I'd appreciate a gesture like the fancy restaurant, but it's really not my thing.
    The most romantic thing I've done is sit in a car with my boyfriend, seats reclined back, singing along to songs together. Just small things like that, and a lot of them is my idea of romance.

• Romance to me can be as simple as fixing me a plate of food or opening the door for me. It's anything he does that shows me I'm special to him. It doesn't have to be expensive dinners or jewelry. Snuggling together is romantic.

Most Helpful Guys

• people say that "romance is dead" but what they mean by that is the stereotypical, formal night in a posh restaurant with your other half

which in my opinion never really has been a thing
    it mightve abit in the 1900s but before that that stereotype woulsnt if existed bc it just never happened

• for me
    Im like you
    watching movie or sitting on the beach and talking
    I like to flirt a lot

• Yes exactly being just with your date and doing something you like together is better than any dinner out.
      When you are out you have to be weary of how much affection you show your date.
      When alone you can be a lot more cuddly.

• you're quite right