My boyfriend of a year doesn't like what I wear. Is this normal, or is he controlling?

So lately my boyfriend started saying he doesn't like when I wear shirts with a low neckline.
I'm confused about this because I have a size 34 B cup and hardly anything shows, and I never wear anything that's slutty at all. It's never inappropriate and just simple cute clothes. I really want him to like how I dress. But I'd hate wearing what he likes.
Also, he's been telling me that the only reason he doesn't like what I wear is because other guys look at me.
What should I do? Is he being unreasonable? Or am I? Should I completely change my wardrobe? Or should I just ignore that he dislikes my clothes?
Thanks in advance!

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• He seems a bit jealous of any attention you get from other guys. If you stay with this guy you will have to deal with it because he probably won't change, especially since you are wearing conservative clothing and he has no reason to be. Tell him you don't like the size of his dick but do you complain? Nooooooooooooo! Throw it back at him and maybe he will shut up about what you wear.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• He's trying to control you. Dump him.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• He dated you knowing you have a personal style, he has no right to change that. It isn't as though you're going out half-naked.

1|0
    0|0
  • He can express that he doesn't care for it, but after that it is your choice. He started dating you in those clothes so why now does his insecurity get to dictate what you wear.
    He needs to come to terms with what is bothering him and not put it on you

0|0
    0|0
  • He can say what he likes/dislikes but he's not in a position to make you change your style or anything.

1|0
    0|0
  • He is insecure and is trying to control you to please his self and feel better. Any man who doesn't love you just the way you are isn't for you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Perhaps you should think about changing your controlling boyfriend first.

1|0
    0|0
  • You wear what you want. Your body you get to choose what to put on it.

He doesn't like it? Dump him.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are these pieces of fabric that hook onto your bra to show less skin maybe try those

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes