I really don’t trust my bf?

I know he is a loyal person. I mean, he seems 100% committed to me. He doesn’t ever make me feel insecure, or try and give attention to other women. I can see he is head over heels for me!

However, a part of me finds it hard to trust him 100%. I never show my mistrust or worry to him. But, sometimes I get a lot into my head and I start to get angry and feel bad. If I see he follows more people, I check if it’s girls. If I noticed how snapchat score has gone up, I get paranoid about what he’s sending.

The thing is. He has given me the password to his phone. He has let me hold his phone in my hands and use it. (I never check his messages or snoop though). So, why can’t that be enough? Also, he thinks cheating is wrong and doesn’t align with his morals (just like me).

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Simple, there is no problem but you only have something in your mind like 'what if' and the solution of that is to trust your gut and pull all those things out of your heart, simply tell him like he always does coz it looks that trusty is low on your side, have a solution for that and booooom! the end of it, understood?

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You're honestly making it worse for yourself... he's clearly into you but yet you're filling your head with things that may or may not be happening and the poor guy... that's not fair on him. Slow down, breathe and just talk to him about it if you feel something isn't right.

0|1
    0|0
    • I don’t show him my mistrust or worry. So, I’m not sure how he is a “poor guy”. By that, you make it seem i berate him and accuse him.

• It sounds so far like you're getting all these ideas in your mind of what he could potentially be doing that he more than likely isn't.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• If you don't trust him don't be in a relationship with him. In this case it sounds like you are being very unfair to him.

0|0
    1|0
    • How am I being unfair if I never express these insecurities to him and try my best to give him the benefit of the doubt?

• Because you don't trust him for no reason except your own insecurities and it's going to come out sooner or later. You are stalking his social media, that's not expressing your insecurity? It doesn't matter that you aren't blatantly expressing it, it's still being dishonest with him.

• You should probably break up with him by cheating on him, as he deserves someone a lot better and someone who truly trusts him and appreciates his loyalty

0|0
    0|0
  • So you dont trust him because you are waiting for something to go wrong?

0|1
    0|0
  • Distrust and insecurities only u can challenge those thought as they are only held by

0|0
    1|0
  • Something had to have put this seed in your mind or you wouldn't feel that way

0|0
    0|0
  • That phone giving should be good enough

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• You are feeding your insecurities by what you are doing. Stop stalking him and you won't have the issues you have. If you trust him, you shouldn't be looking at his score and wondering why it went up. You say you trust him, so do that. By doing the things you are doing, it is clear that you don't or you would make the choice to stop.

0|1
    1|0
    • Vary true can't claim to trust him whist checking on him

• Show All
    • I never said it’s normal.

• I'm not trying to fight with Asker. I gave my opinion and what you do with it is your choice.
      If you keep doing what you are doing, it won't end well. The only thing you are doing is breeding resentment and mistrust which will further those feelings you already have. Even if this relationship doesn't work out, because you feed those flames, in your next relationship this same situation will come up.
      You have to find the root cause of why you feel this way. Then make the necessary adjustments to have a better life.
      Best of luck to you.

• Like everyone else has said, you are just making it worse for yourself and feeding into your insecurities. Calm down and stop looking through his phone. There is no point in worrying about the ifs and maybes in a relationship, it will just drive you crazy and more insecure.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes