Guys, What makes a woman intimidating? And is that cliche statement women hear about their looks “intimidating” guys actually true (poll question)?

Friends of women always reassure them that they’re single or not often approached because their looks intimidate guys. All of this feedback to make them feel better about themselves. Is this true to an extent? A decent amount of pretty women can be single because men are too timid to make a move?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• The whole "women are intimidating" thing is just an excuse people use to explain why guys won't approach women.

Usually, in reality, it's due to a lack of self confidence, social ineptitude, or because there's something legitimate that prevents a guy from approaching her.

No offense to women, but y'all aren't really intimidating, lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's quite possible, but without seeing what is actually happening in real life, we are left to guess.

0|0
    0|0
    • I am not a Proponent of the "Looks intimidate" School of thought because I see attractive women getting approached all the time (or have done it myself). It's reasonable to assume that male timidity is some factor, but would how much of a Chance would These guys have if they did Approach These attractive Girls? They seem to think they don't, and what we're not sure About is if the Girls would go for them if they did. Maybe, Maybe not. And what prevents the Girls from approaching? Nothing, really.

• Show All
    • I don't/didn't pay attention to the guys. Do they have to be very attractive, or is she open to guys she considers to be of average attractiveness?

• Yeah, I see attractive women approached a lot, yes.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Maybe. It's been my experience there's always guys that will take a couple of swings no matter how attractive she is. I would say it's more likely the woman isn't putting herself in enough situations to be approached. And maybe she has a demeanor about her that says "leave me alone".

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys aren't intimidated by a womans looks or her education or high paying job. These are just fallacies that women tell themselves and each other so they don't have to take personal responsibility. Guys are frightened to death of the rampant narcissism and materialism that is prevalent in so many western women today.

0|0
    0|0
  • IMHO it's more to do with the fact that girls are usually in a group so it becomes daunting to go over and speak to you as we have not just you but the others to interact with as well

0|0
    0|0
  • nothing makes a woman intimidating that would be silly. A fucking lion staring at you is intimidating lol

0|0
    0|0
  • "Intimidating" to women means "bitch" to men... and few men want a true bitch.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she works with because if I say something wrong; “HR!!”
    Lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • no guy is intimidated by women unless he's a simp first off. second off now that any guy who approaches a woman will be labeled as a creep if he's not an 11/10 guys dont bother to do it anymore. especially if she's got a bad attitude or is a bith

0|0
    0|1
  • No, it's not true. Most people do not tell other people the truth. Most people do not want to hear it. Imagine you asked your best friend why they thought you were single and they said ''you are a bitch, your clothing sucks, and sometimes you smell like rancid hot dogs''

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes