Guys, What makes a woman intimidating? And is that cliche statement women hear about their looks “intimidating” guys actually true (poll question)?

Friends of women always reassure them that they’re single or not often approached because their looks intimidate guys. All of this feedback to make them feel better about themselves. Is this true to an extent? A decent amount of pretty women can be single because men are too timid to make a move?
  • Yes
  • No

10

Most Helpful Guys

• The whole "women are intimidating" thing is just an excuse people use to explain why guys won't approach women.

Usually, in reality, it's due to a lack of self confidence, social ineptitude, or because there's something legitimate that prevents a guy from approaching her.

No offense to women, but y'all aren't really intimidating, lol.

• That's quite possible, but without seeing what is actually happening in real life, we are left to guess.

• I am not a Proponent of the "Looks intimidate" School of thought because I see attractive women getting approached all the time (or have done it myself). It's reasonable to assume that male timidity is some factor, but would how much of a Chance would These guys have if they did Approach These attractive Girls? They seem to think they don't, and what we're not sure About is if the Girls would go for them if they did. Maybe, Maybe not. And what prevents the Girls from approaching? Nothing, really.

• I don't/didn't pay attention to the guys. Do they have to be very attractive, or is she open to guys she considers to be of average attractiveness?

• Yeah, I see attractive women approached a lot, yes.