Boyfriend asks me to do gross things for him? Do I do it?

We've been together for 18 months and living together about 7 months. My boyfriend tells me that I'm too much of a "lady" and that he's baffled that I've never done anything gross around him. And by that he means basic bodily functions that I think a girl should not do in the company of others. I told this to him and he goes "But I'm not just anyone. I'm your boyfriend and you should be comfortable enough around me to do that." I basically told him "Even I was dating you for 18 years I would never be comfortable doing that." He then brought up his previous relationships and said "My previous girlfriends were fine with it. Why can't you just relax a little?" Then he was like "Just do it now and get it over with. You know I'm gonna hear it eventually anyway." Lately he's been making me reconsider my previous stance on the whole thing but it's also weird because I've never had a boyfriend tell me to be so comfortable/relaxed? I don't know if I should do it because I'd be embarrassed as hell and the thing is: it has nothing to do with him. I'm just not able to do anything "unladylike" unless I'm 100% by myself lol. My mother would be proud lol but my boyfriend has an "open door" policy and in his book anything goes. What do you think? How open are you with your boyfriend/girlfriend about bodily functions such as burping or... the other end? lol

46

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's tendency of people to put up a face in front of people and it sheds as we get to know them. Your boyfriend thinks you aren't being you and he doesn't like that.

Let him know this is you. Not doing something gross is something you do since childhood and people/girlfriend he knew or had weren't like that. Don't try to change yourself unless you feel it's something good for you and your relationship.

• Thanks :) I know he's just trying to get me comfortable but it's making me uncomfortable cause it's drawing attention to it lol. Like if I reach that stage on my own without him pressuring me that's fine. But for right now he's making it embarrassing lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah that is a no go :
    Here is what I'm saying :
    Your boyfriend... is basically forcing u to wanna do something that u don't wanna do and he then brings up his past..
    You never never never bring up your past..
    He is trying go make u feel bad
    Break up with him