I asked a nice guy out and he said "No, I'd rather not"?

There's this guy I asked out to the movies. He's really nice and extremely chill. So I asked him out and his response was "No I'd rather not". I asked if there was any particular reason why he said no and his reply was "not particularly ". I didn't reply after this I just "hearted" his message. That sounds kind of rude though. But he is really nice and chill and everyone agrees with that. There's nicer ways to say you're not interested like "sorry I'm not interested" or "sorry but no" especially considering he's always been sweet to me.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What is your question? Based on your description it sounds like you are just venting. How can we help?

1|0
    0|0
    • Im just a little confused on rather I should be offended or not. He's normally really nice to me and everyone else but his response was rude

• Show All
    • I also work with him

• Ok, and?

Most Helpful Girl

• He was just being honest. He just wasn't interested and didn't want to give you a hurtful answer why.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Just let it go. It's an emotional moment and he did the best he could.

1|0
    0|0
  • He said no simply put nothing more to really ask yes he could have been nicer about it but why should he to be honest he was just straight to the fact

1|0
    0|0
  • It may not be the actual reason but either way, I'd leave him alone

1|0
    0|0
  • it was rude.

1|1
    0|0
  • You got friendzoned.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Well he's not into that's for sure and besides some people don't just see the point of being extra nice and explaining themselves to someone else, i don't.

1|0
    0|0
  • Being nice does not mean they like you. Some people just have respect.

0|0
    0|0
    • I didn't think he liked me because he was being nice. I was just saying his response was kind of mean for a nice guy

• Oh well. You didn't get the response you were expecting so you feel some type of way.

• This is why I don't ask guys out it could have been a worse reaction , just be happy he said no.

0|0
    0|0
  • He is trying to be blunt.

1|1
    0|0
  • That's why you shouldn't ask a guy out. I won't approach them.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes