I asked a nice guy out and he said "No, I'd rather not"?

There's this guy I asked out to the movies. He's really nice and extremely chill. So I asked him out and his response was "No I'd rather not". I asked if there was any particular reason why he said no and his reply was "not particularly ". I didn't reply after this I just "hearted" his message. That sounds kind of rude though. But he is really nice and chill and everyone agrees with that. There's nicer ways to say you're not interested like "sorry I'm not interested" or "sorry but no" especially considering he's always been sweet to me.

66

Most Helpful Guy

• What is your question? Based on your description it sounds like you are just venting. How can we help?

• Im just a little confused on rather I should be offended or not. He's normally really nice to me and everyone else but his response was rude

• I also work with him

• Ok, and?

Most Helpful Girl

• He was just being honest. He just wasn't interested and didn't want to give you a hurtful answer why.