How do I reject girls without them hating me?

I decided to finally try dating and some girls continue writing me, even if I don't express interest. I don't want to be rude, because I know how hurtful it can be, but I also don't want to just ignore them.

What is the correct way of telling them that you are not interested, but also not making them hate you? I want to maintain good relationships.

1720

Most Helpful Girls

• Let them down easy, let them know I'm not trying to hurt you but I'm looking for something different. Or I don't want to hurt you but I don't feel we are connecting like I'd hope, say sorry and move on. If they are offended it's on them at that point.

• I think the best is just be upfront and say 'I don't like you.' 'Cause if you ignore, we'll not be fans and if you beat about the bush, we'll be mad that you took all that time to say a pretty simple message.

• ''I don't like you' does seem a bit rude in my opinon. I do reply, but not in a way that I would express interest, like ''Oh, that's cool, hope you had fun!'' etc.

You prefer when a guy just says 'I don't like you' upfront?

• Yh. It's to the point and it saves my brain and heart a lot of trouble. If I really like the guy, I might cry a bit but I prefer upfront to a whole speech about how I'm nice and sweet and he'd love to but he can't. Not that he wouldn't it's just that now, he doesn't have any feelings and he can imagine dating me would be nice but not now. Maybe later, hopefully later.
      Imagine getting this entire thing from a girl, wouldn't you be a bit pissed off.

Most Helpful Guys

• Okay, so here is how this starts. "It's not you, it's me..."

I'm kidding. Seriously, you just need to honest with them. If it's not working between me and a girl I just tell her that I'm not feeling the emotional connection I need for a romantic relationship. I care about her, she's a great person, but I just don't have that romantic connection.

When I explain it that way they usually agree, which is surprising. They were thinking of telling me the same thing, but didn't know how. Once in a while there will be tears, so just be gentle in those cases. If you do this right, you will remain friends.

Best of luck.

• First you have to realize what rejection to a woman means. To a man its simply "I don't find you attractive enough to help you propagate your DNA, y'know simple mortality in her UGH no!'

But for a woman, its all she has to offer IS her reproductive ability. You rejecting her means she's pretty my worthless. And that scares the shit out of women hence, they never approach men. Sitting there waiting for a man to approach her hurts way less than getting shot down. Even into their 40's when they start penning articles about how shitty the selection of men are nowadays.

If you're an asshole like me you shoot them down as they would shoot you down. The most soul crushing way possible as if to say "how dare you proposition ME?" Or you can just tell them you're gay.