Am I too young to date?

I am 26 years old.
Should I wait till I am 30 to date and marry?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• In most countries you'd be dating for over 10 years already by the time you're 26...
    That said, your home country may be more conservative then some of our countries...
    As for marrying...
    It depends.
    In the US it's common to be married in the mid twenties.
    In a lot of other parts of the western world it's common to marry in the thirties because younger girls are often busy with studying and getting a child might get in the way of that process.
    Your fertility is at its peak in your teens (15-18) your chance of having a child without complications is highest in your early twenties (20-28 I think it was), your life experience and skills as a mother will probably be at their peak in the late thirties but by then your ferility and risk of complications during childbirth will both have started going in the wrong direction again.

Your attractiveness to us men is also at its highest when you're the most fertile and the most likely to give birth to a child (so 16-28) but you'll still be fairly attractive in your early thirties.
    But it easily takes 5-10 years to find someone who you are *really* compatible with, and it might not work out with the first guy meaning that you might end up waiting another 5-10 years for the next one...
    By increasing the number of men you meet and increasing the amount of time you spend looking (in other words starting out earlier) you'll increase your chance of finding someone compatible before it's too late.

That said, I don't suggest marrying too fast.
    Date and find someone compatible and then spend some time together *before* you marry so you'll know that you genuinly *do* work out together.
    At least a couple of years without marrying first I'd say...
    In my home country we tend to not marry before we get our first child but we *do* tend to be married before we get our second one.
    Or in other words, getting a child is not linked to marriage in our country the same way that it is in many other countries.
    Instead marriage is a declearation of intent to stay together with someone for the rest of our lives.
    Something that of course are more likely to happen with someone we got a child with as that will automatically link us together for essentially a lifetime.
    That said, our society is built up in a way that makes that work out well with women being able to handle raising a child without the father if the two are not compatible for instance and children usually being something we wait with getting till we're more or less ready.

1|0
    0|0
    • I wouldn't want to have had 10 years of drama. Breakups are not fun.

• Show All
    • Thanks. I am mature. I. Know what I want

• Right...

• I think it really depends on your goals of life and the guy you're thinking of dating. I think you should create a financial cushion for yourself by living alone as of now and keep your savings/investment for the times your man doesn't buy you something you want. You will have much more responsibilities when you will get married that you will have less time for yourself. If you think you are pursuing your wants and able to fulfill most of them then you should consider marriage or a serious relationship given that you are an independent person who can handle stress and issues of life with a strong sense of responsibility.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• its what you feel. I just think you shouldn't until you feel emotionally ready.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• No and no. No reason to wait.

1|0
    0|0
  • You look good and dating is probably going to be easier for you compared to the average 30 year old. It should be easier to find someone who is on the same page as you. If you start dating now just to “experience” without trying to get married/have a serious long term relationship, you’re probably going to be disappointed by the amount of fuckboys you’re gonna meet. They’ll only be trying to get to sleep with you and that’s probably not what you want 🙄

1|0
    0|0
  • Most people in Western countries are married by that age.

1|0
    0|0
    • And half of them get divorce years later.
      I wouldn't want to have a western's woman life.

• Uh... no? Most people start to date in their early teens so if anything you are late to the game

1|0
    0|0
  • um you should have been dating since you were like 16 lol

1|0
    0|0
    • Why? What would I have gained from it?

• Show All
    • i have to sleep now but add me i want to talk to you more about this subject and many other subjects. i find you a very interesting girl

• Okay.

• You’re at the age where you’re ready to get married.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think your at the right age to date and marry, for kids maybe in a couple more years.

1|0
    0|0
  • Too young to date? No lol no such thing unless your like 16, marriage, that's completely up to you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Have you seen anyone younger than you dating? Getting married?
    Age has absolutely nothing to do with it

1|0
    0|0
  • Marry
    Dating world now is all about sex and hook up, no innocent dating and serious relationships anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you busy Saturday night? Dinner and a movie or would you prefer coffee and conversation? You decided, I'll pick you up a 8 ;)

1|0
    0|0
  • No you should probably start doing that if you want a family.

1|0
    0|0
  • no, it never too young to date. you just need find the right person.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, you even can be a mother now.

1|0
    0|0
    • You've said "i want 9 kids on a question" so i think you are even a little bit old to marry. You should have been start being a mother, if you really want 9;)

• Show All
    • Haha maybe but it is low possibility by the way you look so sad and angry in that profile picture. Might look better with a smiling face

• The World can't handle my smile

• No were still too young to be dating.

1|0
    0|0
  • Step out of those social "rules"

1|0
    0|0
  • You're actually late.

1|1
    0|0
  • No. Date now.

1|0
    0|0
  • You should have sex after the night of marriage.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can date now and marry after your 30

1|0
    0|0
  • You're perfect 😍

1|0
    0|0
  • i am inteested to date

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all.