Am I too young to date?

I am 26 years old.
Should I wait till I am 30 to date and marry?

431

Most Helpful Guys

• In most countries you'd be dating for over 10 years already by the time you're 26...
    That said, your home country may be more conservative then some of our countries...
    As for marrying...
    It depends.
    In the US it's common to be married in the mid twenties.
    In a lot of other parts of the western world it's common to marry in the thirties because younger girls are often busy with studying and getting a child might get in the way of that process.
    Your fertility is at its peak in your teens (15-18) your chance of having a child without complications is highest in your early twenties (20-28 I think it was), your life experience and skills as a mother will probably be at their peak in the late thirties but by then your ferility and risk of complications during childbirth will both have started going in the wrong direction again.

Your attractiveness to us men is also at its highest when you're the most fertile and the most likely to give birth to a child (so 16-28) but you'll still be fairly attractive in your early thirties.
    But it easily takes 5-10 years to find someone who you are *really* compatible with, and it might not work out with the first guy meaning that you might end up waiting another 5-10 years for the next one...
    By increasing the number of men you meet and increasing the amount of time you spend looking (in other words starting out earlier) you'll increase your chance of finding someone compatible before it's too late.

That said, I don't suggest marrying too fast.
    Date and find someone compatible and then spend some time together *before* you marry so you'll know that you genuinly *do* work out together.
    At least a couple of years without marrying first I'd say...
    In my home country we tend to not marry before we get our first child but we *do* tend to be married before we get our second one.
    Or in other words, getting a child is not linked to marriage in our country the same way that it is in many other countries.
    Instead marriage is a declearation of intent to stay together with someone for the rest of our lives.
    Something that of course are more likely to happen with someone we got a child with as that will automatically link us together for essentially a lifetime.
    That said, our society is built up in a way that makes that work out well with women being able to handle raising a child without the father if the two are not compatible for instance and children usually being something we wait with getting till we're more or less ready.

• I wouldn't want to have had 10 years of drama. Breakups are not fun.

• Thanks. I am mature. I. Know what I want

• Right...

• I think it really depends on your goals of life and the guy you're thinking of dating. I think you should create a financial cushion for yourself by living alone as of now and keep your savings/investment for the times your man doesn't buy you something you want. You will have much more responsibilities when you will get married that you will have less time for yourself. If you think you are pursuing your wants and able to fulfill most of them then you should consider marriage or a serious relationship given that you are an independent person who can handle stress and issues of life with a strong sense of responsibility.

Most Helpful Girl

• its what you feel. I just think you shouldn't until you feel emotionally ready.