Online dating connections: how soon do you want to move from the initial message to meeting face-to-face?

Don't want to spend too many years online?
I have used online dating sites several times. Plenty of Fish is what I have used most often but I have also used match. com and a few church affiliated web sites. When I find someone who seems to be promising, I want to spend enough time to weed out the obvious lunatics but, otherwise, I ant to move forward with meeting face-to-face. I think you can spend weeks or months online or on the phone and never know as much as you will know after spending one hour in person.

How do you feel about the time frame? Do you want to spend months in messaging and phone calls, want to meet up that night, or something in between?
  • I don't use online dating sites
  • I have used online dating sites but never had a face-to-face meeting with another user
  • I like to take things slow. Maybe exchange emails for several weeks and then have several weeks of phone calls before scheduling a meeting
    Vote C
  • Not too fast, not too slow. Let's meet about a month from now!
    Vote D
  • I don't waste time. Let's meet within 1-2 weeks!
    Vote E
  • I am not doing online dating to develop pen pals. Meet me by the end of the week!
    Vote F
  • Hey, I'm available tonight! Let's get this going!
    Vote G

821

Most Helpful Girls

• I have personally never used online app or dating sites. But for my friends who do, they tell me they weed out who's serious and who's just catfishing/playing games by asking for a face to face date after a week or two of chatting through screen. Meeting someone face to face also eliminates the false representation you create for the person in your head.

• Meeting someone on a dating site is very difficult. I've been on plenty of fish, and other dating sites. . I've met a lot of men, some good, some bad. I've met a lot of men that are married and looking for a side chick on line too. I usually initiate a face to face dinner, or lunch date within the first week of meeting them. I do not waste my time messaging and texting for months, life is to short for that. I met my boyfriend on a dating site and we have been together for close to two years now, and I have no complaints. 😊✌

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't play games and I have no patience for mindless chit-chat. If I don't seem any closer to meeting them within a few messages I move on.

• If the vibes are right, as soon as possible. Why belabor things if either are undecided or afraid.