What do guys really want?

So I'm pretty puzzled about guys lately. I thought as I approach my 30s they would make more sense. I'm still as lost as ever. Can anyone give some basic tips about signs when a guy just wants to "be casual" vs when he is actually serious? Because I just misunderstood a guy recently because he threw out all this relationship talk and plans for the future but then he said he wasn't ready for a relationship.

25

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that flip flopping crap happens at every age. Let me answer your question like this: it's all about the context to what he's in touch with you about.

Casual: "Hey Monica, do you want to grab drinks later?" It's a short term plan, it gives him a chance to interact with you on a quick and seemingly meaningful level, where your guard will be a little bit lower than it might be otherwise. But you'll note how the way he's interacting with you isn't about YOU it's about having drinks, with a woman who happens to be you.
    -VS-
    Committed: "Hey Monica, I saw an ad for a Jazz concert happening at such-and-so park tomorrow night, and my wine collection is just getting too big for my kitchen. If only someone could help me free up some space..."