Guys, Girls, I asked him to hang out and he said he is busy?

He is my co worker, i like him and i think he knows
he does flirts with me, not in front of othes but through text.
He got promoted and i got him a gift. He did show a lot of appreciation.
Somedays he is too busy and dont get to text me, so he text and apologizes cause he's been busy.
The way he talks to me through text is totally different from when we talk face to face and others are around. It's like he is totally different person!!
We don't see each other outside work.
Recently i got some bonus, i was telling him about it and he said "you should treat yourself" i asked him if he would like to join, he said he wish he could! And when i asked why he couldn't said work!
I didn't ask anything else... Just feeling confused, rejected.

3