What does it mean when a girl says you're weird through text?

Yesterday, I called up my female friend just to keep in touch with her. Tried thrice, she called me back but I didn't pick up. Called her again, she picked up, we spoke she sounded tired and told me she was correcting papers since she was a teacher. I messaged her saying that I'm sorry for calling her at a bad time, since I know she's stressed out. She asked you're apologising for what, so I replied for calling you at a bad time. She then replied you're weird, I thought she was kidding, so I replied, it's empathy, She replied back saying: that empathy word is for you don't direct it to me. Now I'm confused.

10