How do I handle it when my boyfriend critiques my eating habits?

He’s fifty five and eats healthy and I’m 25 I eat.. well good and bad. He says “ you eat too much sugar, it’s better if your healthiest self “. I take it really personally because I feel that he doesn’t love the way I look... even though he never said that. What should I do?

3770

Most Helpful Guys

• Get a boyfriend your age. This dude is trying to keep his body from deteriorating. I bet at your age he was not eating so healthy. It seems like differing priorities to me, you care about beauty and enjoyment and he cares anout heath and prosperity. Either grow accustomed to the differences he introduces into your life or leave him. Those seem to be your only options.

• Ask him, "How much longer will I live if I adopt your eating habits?"

Most Helpful Girls

• I personally don't mind the age gaps if people are happy with their relationships, and the girl isn't looking for money, and guy isn't looking for body, but he can be your dad. I wonder how you two got together?

I think that it might be expected since he's 55 years old. Some people when they get older, they watch what they eat and how much they eat, since their metabolism will slow down with age, although there are many people who are young and watch what they eat as well. Some work out a lot and watch what they eat.

• We met through a friend :)

• I think he eats that way probably is because his metabolism can start slowing down, and what he said about how you eat, could be that he didn't want you to end up with health issues such as overweight.