What to do with a guy who isn't sure about pursuing a long distance relationship?

I have been seeing this guy for a little over a month now, it’s a long-distance relationship (50 miles apart) and we aren’t exclusive yet. When we’re together, he seems super into me. He talks about me to his friends and he introduced me to them and to his dad as well. He engages in PDA, and compliments me all the time. He initiates every conversation, checks up on me by calling me every day and talking about everything (we talk for hours sometimes), makes plans in advance, clears his schedule for me, etc., and I know for a fact that he isn’t seeing or hooking up with anyone else. We meet on weekends and we had sex.
But he is (and always was) very against long distance relationships. Even before we started dating he was very clear and direct about not wanting anything long distance. But he also said that sometimes there are exceptions and it might be worth it. I don't really blame him, I respect and understand his reasons, so I never pressured him into anything. We just happened, honestly, we didn't really planned to get so into each other. Especially since I'm looking for a relationship, I knew what I was getting myself into with him. But since I liked him so much, I decided to just let it be whatever it is, take it slow, and see where it goes.
Earlier we talked on the phone and we kind of got to the "topic". I asked him how he feels about us. And he said he doesn't know. That he likes me and wants to keep seeing me, but that he doesn't know where it would lead if we continue it. That he is thinking often and seriously about it. That meeting me totally got him question everything he believed in so far.
Could it be that he really just needs some more time? And if so, what for? More time isn't going to change the distance. Is he waiting to see if I'm worth it? Or is he leading me on?
He probably started feeling pressured now, and I started feeling like wanting space. Would asking for space until he figures out what he wants be a good idea?

715

Most Helpful Guys

• Leading you on? Sounds to me like he’s been honest from the start and told you straight out that he doesn’t want a LDR.

• Then why doesn't he end this?

• He likes you. He’s obviously stuck not knowing what to do. Maybe one of you will move eventually

• You have to give him a reason to want to commit to a long distance relationship. Your cute face, and nice personality aren't enough. Not to sound gross, but if you want to keep him around u need to rock his world whenever you can. Give him a reason to not cheat on u or leave you. Suck his dick good, and fuck him good. Not trying to be gross, just being real

Most Helpful Girl

• 50 miles ain't shit. You're probably old enough to know you shouldn't waste your time on someone you don't see it working out with in the end. Figure it out sooner rather than later and if he isn't up to the plate move on. He's either willing to do distance or he just doesn't care about you enough to change. It is simple.