My boyfriend left me, he said he needs time but what does he mean?

My boyfriend left me today saying that he needs time, he said that he's not sure if this relationship is working, he said that we can still be friends/best friends and that he might find someone else and come back if it doesn't work. What's really confusing is that he said he still loves me. I'm really lost, I don't know what he means and I feel like he's not being 100% honest. Sorry for my English by the way and I hope you can help me.
Updates:
It's been a few days now and he texts me everyday. I reply to him but I try to keep a distance.

Two days ago, he told me that he thinks it's better to try to find someone else and if it doesn't work out, get back together. It seems like a very bad idea to me.
Today he sent me a big text saying how sorry he is, he feels like a d*ckhead and he's a fuck up.

He sends me mixed signals and it'ss confusing me because I don't know what he really wants. I would love to know your opinions, thank you.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Your English is very good. Your boyfriend is not being sincere with you. You don't leave someone if you love them, unless the love is unrequited. Your relationship is over and he simply does not want to be responsible for having the breakup talk.

0|0
    0|0
    • If he REALLY wanted you, he would not have any hesitation in expressing that and there would be no confusion on the subject. He simply wants to keep you available as a back up plan so that he won't be alone when his next "victim" kicks him to the curb.

• Thank you for replying

Most Helpful Girl

• He got tired of you for some reason and wants a different girl. He said he might come back if the new girl doesn't work. I would think you will have some self respect and not take him back if he does cause he'll probably do it every time he finds another girl he likes more. I would have said Adios, and I hope the door hits you hard on your ass on the way out.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• It means that he's gone. I'm sorry but that's the truth. He's tried to soften the blow as much as possible but he just wasn't into it anymore and he wanted out. No guys need 'time', that just doesn't happen. We're solution orientated, we don't tend to contemplate for an age.

The offer of being friends won't work and he probably doesn't even mean it. Disregard that offer. You need to be away from him right now so that you can get over the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • He is saying he is not wanting you and other things are more important to him. He doesn't have feelings for you other than if he he gets dumped maybe he will come back for whatever you give him. He will take but not give. Set yourself free and leave him behind.

0|0
    0|0
    • Is is going to shop around to see if what he thinks is better is available. And if he doesn't find something else he might be so nice as to come back for some sex. Then again afterwords he will leave again. He is trying to treat you like dirt. Cut this guy off. When he comes back, and he will, decide then what you want.

• Sorry, that is devastating. He broke up with you, hopefully you can recover and find someone else. He was just using words to ease the blow, but he is breaking up with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably wants to make sure you are the one, so he's leaving to see how much he'll miss you. If he misses you enough then he'll come back. Either that or he's gay.

0|0
    0|0
  • He’s full of shit. Listen to what he said. He might find someone else but come back to you if it doesn’t work out. That makes you a backup plan. You ok with that? This is over permanently and completely. You will not reconcile and ride off into the sunset together and live happily ever after nor will you be friends even if he suggests or agrees to it. This is a ploy he’s doing to keep you hanging around like you are thinking he’ll want you again at some point in the future which never happens. You can’t be friends with an ex because it isn’t reality or healthy. It prevents one from moving on and causes problems with future relationships. Tell him to fuck off forever

0|0
    0|0
    • Why haven’t you blocked him?

• I would like to see if he's planning on using me as a back up plan so that's why I haven't blocked him yet

• Of course he is. He’s already alluded to that. Stop being stupid and stop all communication forever and move on. He’ll never be what you want him to be

• He just is not intrested anymore and don't know how to end it he don't love u

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Ignore him and be happy - let him miss you and wish he had you - until he pursues you again.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're broken up. Don't take him back

0|0
    0|0
  • He's gay

0|0
    0|0
  • He said that he might find someone else and come back if it doesn't work.
    Wow this sentence shows how dirt he is. Never get back and talk to him. It's the best thing you'll do.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes