My boyfriend left me, he said he needs time but what does he mean?

My boyfriend left me today saying that he needs time, he said that he's not sure if this relationship is working, he said that we can still be friends/best friends and that he might find someone else and come back if it doesn't work. What's really confusing is that he said he still loves me. I'm really lost, I don't know what he means and I feel like he's not being 100% honest. Sorry for my English by the way and I hope you can help me.
It's been a few days now and he texts me everyday. I reply to him but I try to keep a distance.

Two days ago, he told me that he thinks it's better to try to find someone else and if it doesn't work out, get back together. It seems like a very bad idea to me.
Today he sent me a big text saying how sorry he is, he feels like a d*ckhead and he's a fuck up.

He sends me mixed signals and it'ss confusing me because I don't know what he really wants. I would love to know your opinions, thank you.

57

Most Helpful Guy

• Your English is very good. Your boyfriend is not being sincere with you. You don't leave someone if you love them, unless the love is unrequited. Your relationship is over and he simply does not want to be responsible for having the breakup talk.

• If he REALLY wanted you, he would not have any hesitation in expressing that and there would be no confusion on the subject. He simply wants to keep you available as a back up plan so that he won't be alone when his next "victim" kicks him to the curb.

• Thank you for replying

Most Helpful Girl

• He got tired of you for some reason and wants a different girl. He said he might come back if the new girl doesn't work. I would think you will have some self respect and not take him back if he does cause he'll probably do it every time he finds another girl he likes more. I would have said Adios, and I hope the door hits you hard on your ass on the way out.