How do I reassure my girlfriend that I'm not gonna get with someone when I go to college?

Updates:
Never mind I nailed it by just telling her what makes her so special, I told her the truth which is that she felt something at the same time as I did when we met and I'm not usually superstitious but that's a spark
And I'd be a fool to let what possible could be the best thing that ever happened to me pass by for anyone else

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't reassure her by telling her that's obvious, the more you say it the more it looks like who are you trying to convince her or you.
    The only thing that will reassure her is by you not getting with anyone, then you have something to back up your words.
    Talk is cheap save your breath.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've done a lot for this girl and I intend to be with her for good so I think I've brung a bit more than cheap talk

• Show All
    • Look I'm sorry I took things the wrong way but as for what you've just said if you don't like it, don't comment. This is a questions app a place where opinions can be placed upon many different subjects so yeah I posted this and solved it myself but that doesn't Merritt anger of any kind, just go away.

• I'm not angry, it does seem like some growing up is best for the both of you.
      If you think for one second what you said changed how she feels you're a bigger fool than I thought. I will gladly go away from this immature conversation.

Most Helpful Guy

• That is a complicated question. How are you confident that you will not sleep with someone?

0|0
    0|0
    • Because one I love her and two if you start anything at college and it messes up you're stuck seeing them around for possibly years

• Guess what, you are going to mess up in college. You are going to fail, embarrass yourself, and change who you are as a person. You will also grow and mature and expand your mind and your perceived universe. I knew several good Christian guys freshman year at college who loved their high-school girlfriends and they all ended up either cheating on them or breaking up once they were in college.

So even if you are able to reassure her that you will still love each other in a few years know that everything changes. I hope you figure out how to stay together because you love each other but just being honest that how you see the world right now is about to change. College is amazing, enjoy your time there!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• You should dump her cause she's being a paranoid hag

0|0
    1|0
  • She should already trust you if not you should reconsider your relationship

0|0
    1|1
  • You can’t reassure her. She already has to know.

1|0
    1|0
    • But she should, I've done nothing but love her. I've even offered to cut off female friends as she thinks I might get with one of them I just don't get why she thinks I'm some kind of player I've done nothing wrong

• Yeah you’ve done a lot and that’s good. She just insecure and will take some time to grow into her security

• call her regularly. remind her how much you love her and tell her about your day. maybe drop in with a surprise visit and flowers. Just let her know you care about her and love her. This is coming from someone who dated a soldier on deployment for 2 years lol

0|1
    1|1

What Guys Said 5

• Tell her that, but there will be some nervousness on her part until you prove it

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you two plan to get married?

0|0
    0|0
    • Well in the future yeah sure if we stay together long enough

• Show All
    • I know, thank you for the helpful suggestion

• She should trust you without you having to reassure her I guess, just promise her if you haven't already

0|0
    0|0
  • You tell her the opposite. Reverse psychology. I'm going to sleep with every woman on that campus, plus the janitor.

0|0
    0|1
  • You never will because you can't control her fears. Best thing is to reassure her that you love and care for her.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes