Best way to start an online conversation?

I'm on a few dating apps and matched one or two people but I have no social skills so I am struggling to start a conversation.

I'm not into films really and my hobbies are very niche (public transport and electronic dance music) so I have little in common with the people I match. I would normally just say 'hey [name], I really like your profile and I would love to get to know you. Are you up for a chat xxx'. Very generic and most girls say it is boring or that they won't reply.

Does anyone have some good tips for conversation starter which I might even get a reply to haha.

Thanks in advance. It's appreciated :)

11