Problems with boyfriend's parents?

Really not sure what to do, his parents hate me so they don't know we're in a relationship.
Theyre really overprotective, to the point where he got in trouble for hanging out with a guy who swears (We're seniors in high school)
Theyve been snooping around his phone, trying to catch any unwanted contacts trying to contact him. He's tried telling his parents to stop, but they don't. As a result, he's decided that he's going to excommunicate his parents and move to a different city, and asked me to come with him.
I feel like he's really overreacting to this, as he loves his parents very much, but has already started packing and mad everything plans to move in with a friend who attends university in that city.
Tried talking to him, but he says he won't give me up because of "his parents being assholes".
How do I stop him?

11