Would you call it a fling if you have a vacation together?

I am seeing a guy but we dis not talk about exclusivity or put a label to the relationship. He asked me to take a vacation together. Am I just a fling to him or a vacation means that we are more than that?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Only he knows. Can't say merely from what you posted. Talk to him About his expectations and the exclusive label.

0|0
    0|0
    • I want to but we have not been going out that long so I think it is too soon to talk about it.

• Normally, I would agree with this, but the vacation offer changes things- you deserve a clear answer as to where you stand with him.

• I guess it would depend on where the vacation was, how much it cost, and that sort of thing... But I think it's probably fair to assume that you are something more than just a casual hookup. I think that it would be wise for you to have this conversation with him if not during the vacation, then maybe after it? Anytime you have the "what are we" conversation, you want to make sure that you are doing it in as low stress away as possible. I have often imagined having a conversation like that just after she and I had sex or something.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Could potentially still be a fling - but what is it you’re wanting?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• That’s for the two of you to decide. Go, have a great time and the proof will be when he asks you to another vacation, or for more dates with you.

1|1
    0|0
  • Umm it's hard to say.

Maybe he just really wants to go on vacation and didn't want to go alone.

Like just a few weeks ago I had a free lunch voucher for two people. My friend cancelled on me and my other buddy was at work.

So I invited a female friend to lunch and that's all it was.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why dont you just ASK HIM we’re not the ones in whatever relationship you have woth this guy you are so just woman up and ask him

0|2
    0|0
  • Depends if you guys are dating then it's kinda a fling or it's not, but It dpeneds on you and the guy how you wanna think the vacation about.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually, any trip together for more than a day equals relationship. It's a big deal to spend several days & nights together! You're a couple.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he is taking you on vacation so he has someone to smash while he's there

1|0
    0|0
  • More than a fling but doesn't necessarily mean he's very serious

0|0
    0|0
    • You think it would it be possible to me more serious at some point?

• Of course. It depends on how he regards the two of you. He may see it as playing it cool because he's totally in love with you or may just think of you as an interesting, cute/hot, or both gal that he doesn't see himself spending the rest of he's life with. If its the latter he definitely still appreciates something between the two of you otherwise he wouldn't want to spend several days 24/7 together. Which also means he might very well change his mind, either as an epiphany on the vacation or later on. Or more likely over time, which the vacation migh speed up. Either way i dont see anything wrong with going on it, if you want to i mean, which it seems like you do since you want to know whats it to him

• If you are just friends only that's nothing but friendship

0|0
    0|0
  • Could be anything. Think of it like a date vacation with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he's gay and you are a decoy

0|1
    0|0
  • Your a going to him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask him

0|0
    0|0
  • That depends on the relationship. It wouldn't hurt to talk to him about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Could really be anything. Asking him will get you the most accurate answer. Asking strangers over the Internet will honestly only confuse you because most people don't know you much less the person you have asked them to comment on! 🤜🤛

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Have your vacation fling and quit with the labels

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes