How to get over regret?

I have given up on a depressed person... my sister who is 31 and is huge debt and is not working at all... she is completely devasted... i feel so guilty 4 her. I haven't spoken in 3 years with her while i lived with her... i felt so bad... and i feel guilty maybe if i could have spoken to her he would have had a sprinkle of hope or something..

920

Most Helpful Guys

• First up from a first hand perspective its not your fault. But as family if there's anything shy of dragging yourself under with her try to help. Foremost tho try to encourage her to seek help herself. Remember you can show a horse to water but its up to them to drink. I've been in this situation and im barely getting out of it due to a drinking problem but you can't blame yourself for her mistakes. You can however help her find the strength to fight for her future tho.

• it is my fault cause i stopped talking to her... who does that? i wasn't in my right mind... i could have saved her... why did i do that. mmi felt so guilty...

• Time heals a lot of things but alone? Not possible. Your answer lies in the questions itself. Try to talk to her, try to enjoy with her and take our out, teach her what you've learnt in life and make her feel like she's a responsible person and not a looser. When her brain will be busy with things she'll think less and try to do things. Start a new life again. It would be better if you could explain the reason behind all this.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't there is an exact way to get over regret, its just something you have to learn to live with.