I miss my ex but I ended things poorly. Should I contact him and how?

My ex and I broke up after having a hard time with arguing a lot. Also, a big reason for me breaking up with him is because he is still married (separated and moved 3,000 miles away from her), and although he’s been decided he will divorce for the past 3 years, he hasn’t gone through with it because “it will hurt his family”. After we broke up we met for drinks, he told me he’s in love with me and doesn’t understand why I’m not comfortable dating him while he’s married, when he thinks I should “be there with him through the process”. Anyways, he put a lot of pressure on me after this, wanting some sort of answer right away. It stressed me out so much I shut down and blocked him, telling him to leave me alone. It’s been a few months and now that I’ve had time to sort out my feelings (and stop being so angry with him), I really miss him so much. Would it be hurtful/harmful to reach out to him? What can I say to open dialogue? I don’t want to hurt him.

01