Guys, Should I cut him off as a friend after having sex with him?

I have a younger guy friend in my life who I'm very close with. We have a strong friendship and tried having sex a few times. The sex wasn't that good for me, and to be honest, we're not sexually compatible to be boyfriend and girlfriend. Even though he's aware of this and we talked about it, he still wanted to remain friends. I mentioned it might get tricky because we tried having sex, but he really wanted to still hang out. I gave in and we've been hanging out, but the problem is I worry I'm giving him mixed signals. I feel bad, but our friendship is one of occasional flirty, witty banter. I'm starting to feel he likes me more, and wants to have sex again. In addition, he really wanted me to meet his mother. I told him I didn't want to, but she literally showed up at an event he knew I'd be at. It turns out his father wants to meet me. Granted, he's an only child and they're very protective of him. I told him I didn't want to meet his parents unless we were boyfriend and girlfriend, but he seems to be pushing it. Should I make the hard decision to cut him off? I think maybe someone is going to get hurt in this situation.

4

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I think you should make him aware that you are not interested in anything but platonic friendship under any circumstances. Would he take it to heart if you made that clear?

• I don't think he gets it because he still comes across as hoping there's a chance for more sex. For example, the other day we were playing a board game. I jokingly said "screw you" and he replied "I wish you would" in a serious tone.

• Yeah, it is hard to go back to being platonic only after having had sex with a Woman. I think this will really hurt him, though, more if you cut him off as even a friend.

Sex gets better over time, but I think you are correct that he is not a potential boyfriend.