Is my reason for not asking girls out stupid?

It's not that I don't want a relationship or sex, and I don't think my chances of getting a girlfriend are necessarily 0; but I've noticed that lots of people assume a guy who fails to get a girlfriend must be a bad person and a "nice guy." I probably care too much about what other people think of me, but I don't want people calling me a nice guy. Also I've figured that girls don't enjoy being asked out by guys they're not interested in, so I don't want to put anyone through that. Opinions?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I honestly think there is nothing wrong with being a “nice guy” depending on what you are looking for. If it’s hookup or short term, girls might choose bad guys but for long term dating, I am pretty sure most girls would want a nice guy (at least me and all my girl friends like guys with good personality for dating).

And it’s not that girls hate being asked out by guys they are not interested in, it’s just that it feels burdensome because you can’t reciprocate their feelings especially if it’s a nice guy or a good friend because it makes the girl scared that the friendship won’t be the same anymore.

Honestly, if you like someone, just ask her to hangout or go on dates to test the water and see if she likes you back. Look for body language cues and just go for it and ask her out. You sometimes need to take risks if you want to gain something. Don’t make excuses for why you can’t ask a girl out. And good luck 🍀

Most Helpful Guy

• You won't know who's not interested until you ask them.

You can't please everyone, so don't bother- you want to succeed and get a girlfriend.