Why do men accept girls with insecurities but not vice versa?

Girls saying men having an insecurity is a turn off, even if the guy is dealing with it and it's not a huge issue, he's not allowed to have it. But many guys name willing to accept girls with insecurities, why?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't mind a man with insecurities. I (not to brag) don't have really any major insecurities. They mind probably because the stereotype of men being more arrogant (when I think that I think of a cartoon guy kissing his biceps lol) or maybe because insecurities = feelings and feelings = bad (not actually what I think, just a comparison)

0|0
    0|0
    • If a guy is insecure about his height and is a bit shy about it, but when he gets to know people he opens up and everything, is that such a horrific thing that should exile him from the dating world?

• Show All
    • Well if you mean abnormal and severe is 10 and 0 is normal, I'd say 2.

• What number would mean too bad to date

Most Helpful Guy

• Objectification and sex. If men don’t care it can be due to biology of men predominantly wanting a an attractive woman’s company to have sex with her. It’s why men put up with otherwise undesirable qualities. It’s not necessarily out of the kindness of men’s hearts that they are more forgiving of a insecure woman, it’s mainly out of a strong and long standing evolutionary instinct to mate

0|0
    0|0
    • So humans have no real emotions is what you're saying

• Show All
    • So do you put up with insecurities of family members for sex?

• Well, they’re family members. I’m positive your brain processes certain relationships you have with specific people differently

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• I think it’s because it’s more common that girls have insecurities and they’re more open about it whereas a guy can’t really do that because of the society standards so they just kind of suffer with the insecurity in silence otherwise people will think the guy is a weak one.

Some guys think they can solve a girl’s insecurity and make her love herself (when it’s not possible in my opinion) or that they are intimidated by a woman’s confidence

0|0
    0|0
    • So are you part of the society who shames men who reach out for help?

• Only idiotic women/men are part of that society lmao

• Being insecure= being vulnerable.
    Most girls like being protected. Most guys like to protect. So insecure girl triggers 'damsel in distress' thingy in guys and they want to protect her.

Girls on other hand don't want to baby a guy who's insecure.

1|0
    0|0
  • girls are entitled these days, media teaches them that men are good for nothing but providing.

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm guessing because this benefits you, you don't care right?

• No, what made you assume? I wouldn't have commented it if I didn't care.

• A insecure man can turn violent. A insecure woman cries and complains.

0|0
    0|1
    • How do we eliminate every insecurity and how to scan the to make sure they have none?

• Show All
    • But I'm assuming if they have the capacity to be violent girls don't date them right? Which means all single guys are insecure and possibly violent?

• But your telling me the slightest trace of an insecurity means I have the potential to be violent. I don't admit to people my insecurities, but I thought if I meet someone, get to know them and trust them, I could open up, but I see now why it's good to just bottle things up because showing emotion and asking for help indicates potential violence

• I dont know, personally I dont know a lot of girls that are like that, but most of the time even men prefer confident girls. But its considered normal for girls to be insecure I think

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't even know what you're talking about. Most people have something they are self conscious about, that's completely normal.
    But once you let your insecurities dictate your life, of course it is going to get annoying. No one wants to spend their life contemplating about something that is never going to change. It's not about having them at all, it's about how those manifest.
    As for people who 'accept' insecurities... Insecure people are more vulnerable and easier to manipulate with. Which I am sure is very convenient for some.

0|1
    0|0
  • bcoz they can easily dominate those girls

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• I have insecurities like really super bad because i was the loner everyday that nobody talked to at all. So i just hide to fight my own battles while helping random people fight theirs but only a few helped me back to my feet.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because people are expecting from men to be strong, and not from women.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not willing depending in the insecurity

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes