How do extremely shy guys get a girlfriend?

I'm 23 and extremely shy and never had a girlfriend. Every time I see a pretty girl in public I smile and walk away. I'm just afraid of being rejected. I used online dating sites for 5 years and not one date.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• they decide that getting a girlfriend is more important than acting out their shyness and stop being shy for just a few seconds to ask out a girl.

being shy is an excuse if you don't ask out girls because of it. yeah being shy makes it difficult but not impossible.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's very tough for them to get one by their own efforts because they by nature will not pursue a woman or take bold and strong steps to go after a woman they like or find attractive.

The possibility of them getting a girlfriend can only happen if a woman finds a shy guy attractive, appealing and then takes the initiative, steps to pursue him and he starts liking her as well then over time if he keeps reciprocating positively things can move forward and eventually it might proceed towards him having a girlfriend in his life. Mostly that's what happens with shy guys.

There can be some exceptions and I am not talking about exceptions.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 10

• Find another shy guy to go out with and challenge each other to approach girls. Better yet, agree to alternate with one another.

Also check your library for books on overcoming shyness.

0|0
    0|0
  • You gotta just go for it man, chicks dig confidence. Be yourself, and don't worry too much about being rejected. It does hurt, but you usually learn a valuable lesson which you can then improve on or use next time around.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hopefully you've been well acquainted with your hand, because you don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's hard because the simple answer is not simple in atop being so shy

0|0
    0|0
  • Time to get some help on your... "shyiness" or whatever... seems to me as the best possible option.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1) They run into an aggressive girl who takes a fancy to them.

or

2) They don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don’t

0|0
    0|0
  • That's because obviously being a shy guy is worse than being a shy girl and I know I'm going to hear responses from people who say there's no point in worrying about who is it worse for, a better mindset is to take responsibility for your life and obviously that's going to fall on men more than women

0|0
    0|0
  • At 23? At that point just go for it you have nothing to lose. Yeah getting rejected sucks but at this point.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you show a bit of confidence it will help.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes