How do extremely shy guys get a girlfriend?

I'm 23 and extremely shy and never had a girlfriend. Every time I see a pretty girl in public I smile and walk away. I'm just afraid of being rejected. I used online dating sites for 5 years and not one date.

012

Most Helpful Guys

• they decide that getting a girlfriend is more important than acting out their shyness and stop being shy for just a few seconds to ask out a girl.

being shy is an excuse if you don't ask out girls because of it. yeah being shy makes it difficult but not impossible.

• It's very tough for them to get one by their own efforts because they by nature will not pursue a woman or take bold and strong steps to go after a woman they like or find attractive.

The possibility of them getting a girlfriend can only happen if a woman finds a shy guy attractive, appealing and then takes the initiative, steps to pursue him and he starts liking her as well then over time if he keeps reciprocating positively things can move forward and eventually it might proceed towards him having a girlfriend in his life. Mostly that's what happens with shy guys.

There can be some exceptions and I am not talking about exceptions.