What’s wrong with being too sweet and nice? a guy said this about me?

I met this guy at a friend’s wedding and we ended up making out 3 months ago. 2 months ago, he told my friend that I was too sweet and nice and she had to put him straight with how I’m very different. Recently he got back in touch after my friend put him straight, we have been talking everyday for a month, but it has gone quiet again.

What’s wrong with being too sweet and nice? I really don’t get it... I thought we are meant to treat people well but seems like this guy wants me to treat him like crap. I like this guy a lot and I know he‘a attracted to me but his comment has thrown me off and I feel like I should stop talking to him now.

02