Dating a girl that doesn't "need" me?

There's this girl I've been dating for about a year and a half now. I always thought she was out of my league and then we dated and I started falling in love. My friends half-seriously tell me to not f* it up as I've never had a serious girlfriend before her. The thing is... I DON'T want to f* it up and the more I get to know her the more obvious it is that I'm going to. She's just way more considerate and romantic than I am; and beats me to the punch with a lot of stuff. It makes me worry what she's expecting from me. I don't know why she's with me when she could clearly get much better guys. I asked her and she laughed and said "you're body, clearly". (I'm average looking at best and she's a 9.) I feel like a girl like her doesn't really need me and I can't impress her with anything. I don't want to, but I keep thinking that I should break up with her before I disappoint her by NOT being what she wants.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• Firstly, I do not recommend breaking up with her because you are afraid you will disappoint her, and in turn get broken up with, that is just silly. Secondly, it is completely possible she likes YOU, your personality, and she isn't just looking for someone hotter.
    Third, if she needed you for something it would almost be like she is staying with you to use you rather than simply because she likes you. It is a good thing that she could be completely fine without you and yet still chooses to stay with you, it reinforces the fact that she likes being with you, so you must be doing something right. It is entirely possible that you are already what she wants, trying to change yourself to be what you THINK she wants will only work against you.
    I would recommend you just talk to her about this, you will most likely get a similar answer. Good Luck!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• She has chosen to be with you for a reason. If you dont feel worthy that has honestly nothing to do with her or her actions or how she chooses to express her love for you. It has more to do with you personally and your confidence within your self and how you see you. You have to dig deep and find the treasures that are inside of you that attracted her. You also have to be very careful with your self talk saying "disappoint her" and so on because you could do something to truly jeopardize things.

0|0
    0|0
  • That would be a silly reason to break up with a nice girl. Read up on how to be romantic. She obviously enjoys being with you enough to stay with you, so relax and focus on the relationship instead of worrying so much.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes