Guys, what how would you feel if a girl wanted to pay for herself on a first date? What would you think about her?

Would it give you a certain image of her or make you like her less?

010

Most Helpful Guys

• I'd think she wanted to be independent, and didn't want to feel beholding to a guy she just met. It's OK with me, as she would have just met me, and doesn't know me enough to trust me much.

• That's great to hear. I've heard some guys get really offended about not paying but then it seems most guys also have an issue with paying for the date as well (if they go that route I think 4 dates max is fair before she pays for herself). But I'd feel strange expecting him to pay. I'd also probably only order the very cheap stuff (not even a drink) because I wouldn't know what he could afford. But if I get it out of the way by offering to pay for myself at the start of the date I think it'd make us both relax more. Although I wouldn't fault him if he paid for everything last minute because he wanted to. I appreciate a guy who knows his own mind.

• That makes good sense.

• It would make me like her more.