Guys, what how would you feel if a girl wanted to pay for herself on a first date? What would you think about her?

Would it give you a certain image of her or make you like her less?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I'd think she wanted to be independent, and didn't want to feel beholding to a guy she just met. It's OK with me, as she would have just met me, and doesn't know me enough to trust me much.

1|0
    0|0
    • That's great to hear. I've heard some guys get really offended about not paying but then it seems most guys also have an issue with paying for the date as well (if they go that route I think 4 dates max is fair before she pays for herself). But I'd feel strange expecting him to pay. I'd also probably only order the very cheap stuff (not even a drink) because I wouldn't know what he could afford. But if I get it out of the way by offering to pay for myself at the start of the date I think it'd make us both relax more. Although I wouldn't fault him if he paid for everything last minute because he wanted to. I appreciate a guy who knows his own mind.

• That makes good sense.

• It would make me like her more.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• If she is willing to pay for her half, I would let her. It's nice to see that she has her finances in order. If it's just for the first date, that's fine

1|0
    0|0
    • What about after that? How would you feel?

• Not thrilled lol but I could get used to it

• Nice :) I think that's the best approach to take if she wants to pay. For me I didn't have a job til later on after uni and never really got pocket money so being able to pay for myself gave me a real sense of pride and independence because I could finally contribute. But there's not much nicer than someone who goes out of their way to give a gift... or stop me from being petty ;p

• It would honestly bother me a little bit, but at the same i get what she`s trying to do and proof, so yeah.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'd feel weird about it and insist on paying. But tbh it's cool of a girl to do that. Proves she doesn't expect you to do everything for her.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd be fine with that but it would leave me thinking more deeply about her.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd offer but if she insisted then why not

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah... it's fine

1|0
    0|0
  • I would have no problem.

1|0
    0|0
  • She have her own money thats a keeper😁😉