Guys, When a man is "willing" to bothers himself to argue with a woman means, he actually "cares" enough?

So.. I have heard about this.

If a man approaches a girl and he is dating her (not in a relationship yet), and one day there are some issues or misunderstanding, so there is an argument.

Lets say the woman feels offended/ insulted due to the misunderstanding and so she starts the argument.

People say that if the guy cares enough, he is willing to "bothers" himself to explain and makes everything is clear and he didn't mean to.

Otherwise he will just not care, say a line, and leave. Literally leave the woman. And stop the contact at all.

Note: because it just happened to me.
But in my case, i didn't start any fight or even an argument. Instead, i neutrally stated that i feel ignored/insulted because he did a, b, c and i felt like wanting to end this. (Because i felt really hurt). I thought he will say something to make everything clear and tried to explaim the misunderstanding and make sure i dont think that way. Instead, he said one line and left me.

I thought we had that little "bond" / "feeling", so he would try to make me understand. He didn't.

He actually doesn't care and not that into me?
I always know and understand guys avoid drama and having an argument with a woman could be pretty exhausting, i know.

But anyway, do you think my statement/question is right for most men?

3