My boyfriend of 7 months still has pics of his ex on his laptop, should I mind that?

He got my pics only on his phone not on his laptop, but he has bunch of her photos on his laptop. He said he forgot to delete. It really makes me feel his we can’t get rid of her. Its frustrating.
Updates:
Its an ex he left for me. He was basically still with her when we hooked up. She just didn’t live here so he had little to no contact with her. They broke up after 2 one month of our relationship. So its not just a random ex its an ex with a story directly connected to me.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• honestly i dont agree with deleting pics of yourself with an ex
    (unless the person wants to ofc)

bc theyre still memories and events that happened in your life and you shouldn't pretend they didn't happen

if its just the ex on their own then sure but if its them together

1|2
    0|0
    • Its an ex he left for me. He was basically still with her when we hooked up. She just didn’t live here so he had little to no contact with her. They broke up after 2 one month of our relationship. So its not just a random ex its an ex with a story directly connected to me.

• he is not sure or honest with you / about you
    he knows he fucked up and meaby regrets it that he is with you and not her
    if he says she is just a friend - he probably means they just fuck each other
    i dunno there can be tons of reasons
    just ask him can u delete those because it bothers me
    if he says no -thats bad
    if he says yes but why - thats bad also
    if he says yes and delete them u are good probably

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend has photos from a lot of his past girlfriends saved on his computer, but he doesn't sit around staring at them all the time. They're just that - in the past and memories. I have photos of my exes saved in my photobucket account and some on my laptop too. Sometimes we'll go through pictures together if he wanted to show me a place they went to explain it better. It's not a huge deal to me. He's still friends with his most serious ex, but they rarely speak at this point.

So anyway, what this boils down to is whether or not the photos are inappropriate in any way. If they are, then yes you have a right to be upset. If they're normal pictures I don't think it should matter.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Ya it’s picture and it’s his memories... don’t be self contented by trying to take that away from him for your own satisfaction...
    He’s with you not her...

1|2
    0|0
    • Its an ex he left for me. He was basically still with her when we hooked up. She just didn’t live here so he had little to no contact with her. They broke up after 2 one month of our relationship. So its not just a random ex its an ex with a story directly connected to me.

• Ya I still wouldn’t ask to take away his pictures unless it’s erotic ones... still his memories you can’t do that...
      It’s not going to change anything, pictures or no pictures if she comes back it’s not because of e pictures... he’s going to Do what he wants regardless...

So focus more on the trust and your relationship I guess...
      If he looks at that regularly lol then ya that’s a problem...

• selfcentered*

• These modern devices are the photo albums of your generation. Just because a couple breaks up, should they be required to scrub any and all evidence of that time period from their lives? Of course not. Even in an acrimonious relationship, there will be good memories. Photos remind us of more than just the ex, but also of the things and people we enjoyed during that time.

0|0
    0|0
  • You started a relationship with a guy that still had a girlfriend at the time for two months?

I don't think this is going to last. For all you know he could be seeing her behind your back.

Or who knows maybe 2 months later he will be breaking up with you for someone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can see why you'd be frustrated, you have to talk to him and tell him it's making you uncomfortable

1|0
    0|0
    • She should just not go to the folder on the laptop. Then she won't be uncomfortable.

• Well I have a flashdrive with like 50 pictures of my exact on it from like 8 years ago. Doesn't mean I want to go back with her if I forgot where the flashdrive is. Same with if I forgot it was on the flashdrive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on the date taken if it was before you got together also get him to delete them in front of you so you know he's done it

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, you shouldn't expect anything, really. First, the way you described it, reads as though he didn't just leave her for you, but cheated on her with you. Unless I'm reading that wrong. If it's true, you chose a cheater. Good luck with that!
    Also, she's a part of his past. We don't just remove all evidence of our past when something or someone new comes along. That's ridiculous, and the expectation that someone should is absurd. I sense jealousy and trust issues for which you should probably seek professional help. He had a life before you. If you can't accept that, move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Make him delete them or dump him

0|0
    0|0
  • Believe me he doesn't really love you

0|0
    0|0
  • He should delete them for you

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't mind it. They are just a memory but you could discuss this with him

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Don't rush over him.. every guy has a some kind of attachment with his previous girl.. give him time he will get over those photos.. keep reminding him how much of double sexy you are then what his ex was or is 💥

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no point trying to delete the past, deleting the pictures from his laptop won't delete them from his memory.

0|1
    0|0
  • He gone leave you like he left her when he gets tired of you girlfriend
    They will never forget you 'til somebody new comes along

0|0
    0|0
  • Perhaps he genuinely did forget to delete them but now that he's been made away they still exist he should delete them. There is absolutely no reason to keep pics from when he was with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • So he cheated on his ex with you? Lmao. He's probably going to cheat on you too. Have fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would mind

1|0
    0|0
    • It's different of it's like some pictures of them together that holds personal memories for him like time in school or a trip. But just pics of her, that's not ok

• She left him.. Obviously he wanted to stay.. Sex was great

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes